Upper West. Upper East. Northern. North East. Savannah. Bono. Bono East. Ahafo.Oti.Volta.Western North. Western. Central & Eastern Region
Job Vacancy For Assistant Fisheries Manager
The Fisheries Commission, an agency under the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture Development (MoFAD), hereby invites applications from qualified Ghanaians for the following vacancy as Assistant Fisheries Manager (A)
The successful applicant will assist the Fisheries Manager to perform the following duties:
• Collect and collate fisheries data for evidence-based policy decision making and planning.
• carry out Fisheries Extension Services not limited to:
O pond construction (aquaculture)
O fish hatchery management (aquaculture)
O any other duties relating to Fisheries and Aquaculture development
• Collaborate with the Fish Health Unit on issues of fish disease management.
• Post-harvest fisheries reduction / management.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Fisheries Science, Environmental Studies, Natural Resource Management, Agric, Economics, Biological Science or related discipline.
• At least 1 - 2 years working experience in fisheries related field.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage teams and interact effectively with stakeholders is an advantage.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work is an advantage.
• Computer literacy in MS Office will be required.
Location: Upper West, Upper East, Northern, North East, Savannah, Bono, Bono East, Ahafo, Oti, Volta, Western North, Western, Central and Eastern Regions.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants must show evidence of completion of National Service. Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director
P.O.BOX GP 630
ACcra - Ghana
Applications should be marked indicating vacancies A - F respectively
Closing Date: 17 April, 2021