The Northern Development Authority (NDA) was established under the Northern Development Authority Act 2017 (Act 963) to provide a framework for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern Zone. The NDA also serves as an agency for the implementation of the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication programme (IPEP).
The objects of NDA are to accelerate economic and social development in the NDA zone through strategic direction in the planning & prioritization of development projects; mobilize public resources including financial resources and private public investments for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern zone; coordinate development activities in the Northern Zone with the aim of ensuring that i. public resources are effectively utilized, and ii. private sector investments achieve maximum development impacts to reduce poverty and deprivation iii. formulate and implement initiatives towards achieving gender equality and empowerment of vulnerable groups in the Northern Zone;
To fulfill its mandate, the Northern Development Authority (NDA) seeks to hire qualified Ghanaians who are highly motivated, dynamic, results-oriented with good leadership qualities and strong work ethics to fill the following positions at the Head-office and Zonal Offices.
Assistant Officer, Agriculture and Agribusiness
• To provide operational support for effective performance of the functions of the unit
• Collect data for the informulation of policies
• Participate in the development of value chains governance mechanisms
• Support the conduct of detailed socio-economic analysis and priorization of value chains of the agricultural master plan
• Support the development of value chains for major agricultural comodities
• Support the facilitation of linkages among the agri-business actors within the NDA zone
• Support the provision of technical back-stopping to relevant Directorates for the implementation of special projects in the agri-business related project
• Support the facilitation of relevant stakeholders to promote agri-business innovation within the NDA zone
• Participate in the organisation of specific business opportunities along the value chain that can be developed into concepts notes
• Prepare the implementation of participatory M&E system in the unit in conjunction with RPM&E
• Support the collection of credible data and policy options to influence investment opportunities in conjunction with RPM&E
• Support the harmonization of delivery approaches among actors
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following field: Agri-business, Natural Resources Management, Agricultural Economics or any other related field
• Must have completed Nation Service
Competencies / Personal Attributes
• Knowledge in agricultural value chain development
• Good knowledge of Private Sector Engagement and agriculture investment policies
• Commercial oriented agriculture programming
• Good quantitative, qualitative search and analytical skills
• Data collection and management and community entry, engagement, negotiating skills
• Relevant knowledge in ICT applications skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
• Communication, interpersonal, presentation and report writing skills
• Ability to initiate and a team player
• Project management skills
• High integrity with strong ethics
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address below not later than one week after publication of this notice.
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of key job responsibilities;
• Application letter (stating the position applied for) to the address below;
• Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualifications, as well as national service certificate (if applicable);
• Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related);
• Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
The Head, Human Resource,
Northern Development Authority,
P.O. Box TL 883,
Lamashegu Industrial Area,
Tamale Northern Region.
Interested applicants can submit applications at our front-desks Head office in Tamale, industrial area:
[email protected] .com
16 December, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. NDA is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the economic, social development and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect these.