The Northern Development Authority (NDA) was established under the Northern Development Authority Act 2017 (Act 963) to provide a framework for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern Zone. The NDA also serves as an agency for the implementation of the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication programme (IPEP).
The objects of NDA are to accelerate economic and social development in the NDA zone through strategic direction in the planning & prioritization of development projects; mobilize public resources including financial resources and private public investments for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern zone; coordinate development activities in the Northern Zone with the aim of ensuring that i. public resources are effectively utilized, and ii. private sector investments achieve maximum development impacts to reduce poverty and deprivation iii. formulate and implement initiatives towards achieving gender equality and empowerment of vulnerable groups in the Northern Zone;
To fulfill its mandate, the Northern Development Authority (NDA) seeks to hire qualified Ghanaians who are highly motivated, dynamic, results-oriented with good leadership qualities and strong work ethics to fill the following positions at the Head-office and Zonal Offices.
Assistant Officer, Corporate Affairs
• Collect data for the formulation of policies
• Handles feedback from the MMDAs and the Regions and feed this appropriately for redress
• Take photos and write stories from the field for publication and updating of the authority's website
• Undertake video documentary of all events of the authority, including editing and the development of small videos for authority's social media platforms
• Contribute to content development for newsletters, brochures and periodic reports
• Monitor stories related to the Authority in the Newspapers and out these out and past on Notice Board and script Book
• Monitor radio stations across the media landscape and alert management about any information relevant to the authority
• Track news on Ghana web and related e-media and alert management about any information affecting the authority
• Facilitate the maintenance and update of a database of all NDA strategic Partners
• Draft relevant stories and collate information for the Newsletter, Brochures and other print material for the zone
• Promote the use of local media and use of local communications tools to sensitize and inform the public about the authority's programmes and activities
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields, journalism and public relations, development communication or any other related field
• Must have completed national service
Competencies / Personal Attributes
• Good media relations
• Knowledge in Video and video editing skills
• Presentation skills
• Good social media skills
• Social media savvy
• Community entry, engagement and negotiation skills
• Relevant knowledge in ICT applications skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) etc
• Communication, Interpersonal, Presentation and report writing skills
• Ability to initiate and a team player
• Project management skills
• High integrity with strong ethics
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address below not later than one week after publication of this notice.
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of key job responsibilities;
• Application letter (stating the position applied for) to the address below;
• Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualifications, as well as national service certificate (if applicable);
• Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related);
• Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
The Head, Human Resource,
Northern Development Authority,
P.O. Box TL 883,
Lamashegu Industrial Area,
Tamale Northern Region.
Interested applicants can submit applications at our front-desks Head office in Tamale, industrial area:
[email protected] .com
16 December, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. NDA is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the economic, social development and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect these.