The Northern Development Authority (NDA) was established under the Northern Development Authority Act 2017 (Act 963) to provide a framework for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern Zone. The NDA also serves as an agency for the implementation of the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication programme (IPEP).
The objects of NDA are to accelerate economic and social development in the NDA zone through strategic direction in the planning & prioritization of development projects; mobilize public resources including financial resources and private public investments for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern zone; coordinate development activities in the Northern Zone with the aim of ensuring that i. public resources are effectively utilized, and ii. private sector investments achieve maximum development impacts to reduce poverty and deprivation iii. formulate and implement initiatives towards achieving gender equality and empowerment of vulnerable groups in the Northern Zone;
To fulfill its mandate, the Northern Development Authority (NDA) seeks to hire qualified Ghanaians who are highly motivated, dynamic, results-oriented with good leadership qualities and strong work ethics to fill the following positions at the Head-office and Zonal Offices.
Assistant Officer, Economic Development
• To provide operational support for the effective and efficient performance of the functions of the Economic Development Unit in the Region.
• Provide data for the assessment of agricultural potential of the region
• Participate in the collection of data for the preparation of agricultural development strategies
• Collate data for the identification/conducting of economic of financial analysis of projects
• Provide data for the development of profiles of potential private sector opportunities and business/ventures in the region
• Collect and provide data for the implementation of national/regional programmes in agricultural and private sector development
• Provide data and support in the identification of infrastructural needs of the region
• Participate in the collation of data and support the creation/maintenance of an electronic database on economic and private sector development activities
• Provide administrative support to staff to implement the unit's work plan
• Assist in collecting and providing data for the preparation of progress reports
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: Agriculture, Natural Resource, Management, Business administration or any other related field
• Must have completed National Service
Competencies / Personal Attributes
• Knowledge in economic development strategies and best practice
• Data collection and management skills
• Community entry, engagement and negotiating skills
• Quantitative, qualitative, research and analytical skills
• Relevant knowledge in ICT applications skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) etc
• Communication, Interpersonal, Presentation and report writing skills
• Ability to initiate and a team player
• Project management skills
• High integrity with strong ethics
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address below not later than one week after publication of this notice.
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of key job responsibilities;
• Application letter (stating the position applied for) to the address below;
• Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualifications, as well as national service certificate (if applicable);
• Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related);
• Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
The Head, Human Resource,
Northern Development Authority,
P.O. Box TL 883,
Lamashegu Industrial Area,
Tamale Northern Region.
Interested applicants can submit applications at our front-desks Head office in Tamale, industrial area:
[email protected] .com
16 December, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. NDA is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the economic, social development and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect these.