The Northern Development Authority (NDA) was established under the Northern Development Authority Act 2017 (Act 963) to provide a framework for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern Zone. The NDA also serves as an agency for the implementation of the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication programme (IPEP).
The objects of NDA are to accelerate economic and social development in the NDA zone through strategic direction in the planning & prioritization of development projects; mobilize public resources including financial resources and private public investments for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern zone; coordinate development activities in the Northern Zone with the aim of ensuring that i. public resources are effectively utilized, and ii. private sector investments achieve maximum development impacts to reduce poverty and deprivation iii. formulate and implement initiatives towards achieving gender equality and empowerment of vulnerable groups in the Northern Zone;
To fulfill its mandate, the Northern Development Authority (NDA) seeks to hire qualified Ghanaians who are highly motivated, dynamic, results-oriented with good leadership qualities and strong work ethics to fill the following positions at the Head-office and Zonal Offices.
Assistant Officer, Social Development
• To provide operational support for effective and efficient performance of the functions of the social development unit in the region
• Collect data for the development of social capital/protection and gender strategy for the region
• Provide information for the facilitation processes of developing social capital in the region and the implementation of national/regional programmes
• Collate data and participate in identifying/conducting social impact analysis of programmes and projects
• Participate in the collection and provision of data for the development/maintenance of a database of social development outcomes in the zone
• Provides data for the preparation progress reports and formulation of policies
• Schedule meetings for the unit's staff
• Facilitate stakeholder's participation in the Unit's programmes
• Particular in field research commissioned by the unit
• Collaborate with District Social Welfare and Community Development Officers to address issues related to children and women abuse.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: Development Studies, Social work, community development, development planning & management, social sciences or any other related field
• Must have completed national service
Competencies / Personal Attributes
• Knowledge of social protection policies and laws
• Quantitative, qualitative, research and analytical skills
• Data collection and management skills
• Community entry, engagement and negotiation skills
• Relevant knowledge in ICT applications skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) etc
• Communication, Interpersonal, Presentation and report writing skills
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address below not later than one week after publication of this notice.
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of key job responsibilities;
• Application letter (stating the position applied for) to the address below;
• Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualifications, as well as national service certificate (if applicable);
• Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related);
• Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
The Head, Human Resource,
Northern Development Authority,
P.O. Box TL 883,
Lamashegu Industrial Area,
Tamale Northern Region.
Interested applicants can submit applications at our front-desks Head office in Tamale, industrial area:
[email protected] .com
16 December, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. NDA is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the economic, social development and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect these.