Central University, a Chartered Christian University invites applications from qualified persons for appointment as Assistant Registrar (Budget Officer) General Functions
• Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), the Assistant Registrar in charge of budget will perform the following: Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Ensure efficient coordination of various Schools/Faculties/Directorates, and designated accounts by implementing budgeting systems and financial records which are compatible with the University's accounting and reporting systems.
• Interpret University financial reports and advise the cost center heads financial decisions by providing accurate information on the financial status of individual accounts and the cost center as a whole.
• Assist in annual budgeting and financial planning by providing allocation and expense projections.
• Ensure the financial integrity of designated budgets by monitoring balances and expenditures.
• Provide assistance by collecting, organizing, and analyzing financial and other statistical data for the preparation of financial and non-financial reports, establishing reporting deadlines for cost center staff, providing data for these reports, and utilizing the university systems to assist with financial management responsibilities.
• Coordinate budgetary and other statistical data with other University offices, as directed.
• Serve as liaison between the cost centers and the finance directorate on financial matters such as budget submission and clarification of financial and budgetary policies and procedures.
• Assist in the development of the annual salary increase matrix to determine annual salary increases based on performance and equity.
• Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of others.
• Contribute to the overall success of the cost center by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned, maintaining high levels of accuracy, maintaining a Human Resource Management Directorate professional demeanor and appropriate levels of confidentiality, and providing excellent customer service. Qualification Required & Experience Applicants seeking appointment must have:
• Second Degree in Accounting/Finance from a reputable institution
• Possession of part two (2) of any of the Professional Chartered Accounting Programmes (ICAG, CIMA, ACCA, etc) will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of three (3) years post qualification experience in an accounting or budgetary position with a reputable institution Essential Skills, knowledge and Abilities:
• proficient in spreadsheets and financial modeling
• ability to initiate and follow through with work and meet deadlines with minimum supervision
• good interpersonal, communication, organizational and administrative skills
• a high of level of numeracy, data analysis, eye for details and report writing skills Location:
Tema How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons with the requisite qualification(s) and related work experience should submit:
• Employment form (can be obtained either by downloading from www.central.edu.gh
or from the Human Resources Directorate, Miotso Campus
• Application Letter
• Photocopies of academic and professional certificate
• Curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three (3) referees
• A 2-page statement indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues to ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission
TO: THE DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES CENTRAL UNIVERSITY P. O. BOX 2305 TEMA
For further enquiries, please call 0303-318580/ 0302-935687/ 0289-35687/0289-546164/5 Closing Date:
15 November, 2021