The Resiliency in Northern Ghana (RING) project is a 5-year integrated project funded by the USAID Feed the Future (FtF) Initiative and is designed to contribute to Government of Ghana (GoG) efforts to sustainably improve livelihoods and nutritional status of households in Ghana. Reporting Relationship:
Chief of Party Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Based on RING interventions, design comprehensive integrated communication strategies to address barriers to behavior change.
• Work with the RING technical component leads in agricultural livelihoods, WASH, nutrition and citizen engagement to identify areas where BCC approaches can improve implementation outcomes.
• Work with program teams to develop clear creative briefs and budgets to design BCC material and campaigns.
• Provide training and technical support to agriculture extension agents, health volunteers, nutrition and environmental health officers on behavioral change communication tools, strategies and processes.
• Identify local service providers to design and produce BCC messages on agriculture/livelihoods, WASH, nutrition and citizen engagement in target communities.
• Engage communities, local NGOs, CBOs, and the district stakeholders on BCC strategies for intervention planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Work with the RING Monitoring and Evaluation Team to monitor and periodically review the BCC approaches and recommend corrective measures as needed.
• Manage USAID branding in the BCC aspect of the project as well as assist in effective communication concerning projects to the general public.
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all duties at USAID/RING. USAID/RING reserves the right to change and update the position descriptions at any time. Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree preferred in behavioral science, communication, social science and/or a field related to behavior change work and theories. A bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience will be considered.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in social behavioral change programming in Ghana, preferably with specific experience in a US government-supported project(s).
• Ability to translate technical information into practical guidance and tools.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience supervising works of consultants/subcontractors and other SBCC related interventions.
• Proven experience in designing integrated SBCC strategies and campaigns, utilizing various channels of communication: radio, mobile phone, internet, email, print), peer education, community lead groups, mobile video units, etc.
• Experience with entire SBCC process from strategy design to creative brief to finished product, including formative and monitoring research design.
• Experience in at least one of the RING technical areas: agricultural livelihoods, nutrition and WASH, preferably in the northern regions of Ghana.
• Ability to work with local authorities and local NGOs especially at the district level.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented setting and to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills in English language.
• High degree of computer literacy; MS Excel and MS Word are essential.
• Ability to travel extensively in the northern region and other locations in Ghana as required.
• Proficiency in at least one Northern region local dialect is a plus. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
email applications with CVs: [email protected] Closing Date:
31 July, 2015