Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy. Job Title:
Biomedical Engineer SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Installing, testing, calibrating and repairing of biomedical equipment; training users; maintaining safe operations. Approving new equipment by conducting tests, ensuring adherence to codes and making modifications. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Supports patient diagnosis and treatment by installing, testing, calibrating and repairing biomedical equipment; training users; maintaining safe operations.
• Approves new equipment by conducting tests, ensuring adherence to codes and making modifications.
• Installs new equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating and testing performance.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules, conducting tests and troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions.
• Calls for special equipment service, evaluates service contracts and maintains equipment inventories.
• Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations, instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment and answering questions.
• Evaluates proposed equipment by conducting tests and evaluations.
• Improves equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction, conferring with equipment users, developing modifications, and collaborating with manufacturers.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt.
• Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests, recommending and complying with procedures, training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel and complying with codes.
• Liaising with medical, engineering and scientific staff
• Training staff to use equipment safely
• Writing reports and documentation
• Undertaking relevant research. Qualification Required & Experience
• WASSCE/SSCE or equivalent
• Degree in biomedical engineering, biomedical science,
• Current up to date certification by relevant councils and bodies as required
• Highly efficient documentation skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Good conceptual skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
11 January, 2021