Centre for Plant Medicine Research
Job Vacancy For Botanist / Taxonomist
The Centre for Plant Medicine Research, Mampong-Akuapem is an Agency under the Ministry of Health with a mandate to undertake research and development in plant medicine.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians for the following appointment: Botanist / Taxonomist
• Research into plant systematics and cultivation
• Cultivation of specific medicinal plants species
• Conservation of medicinal plants species in the arboreta
• Sourcing of medicinal plants species from the wild and identification of crude drugs
• Ensure appropriate documentation and management of research data
• Keeping of the herbarium
• Disseminate Research findings. Perform administrative duties
• Sourcing for funding for research
• At least 3 publications should be presented during the interview
• Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director
Qualification Required & Experience
• PhD or MPhil in Botany/Taxonomy
• At least one-year (1) post-qualification experience for PhD and two (2) years post-qualification experience for MPhil.
Salary and Conditions of Service
Remuneration shall be subject to the condition of service of the Centre and shall be subject to the Single Spine Salary Structure.
How To Apply For The Job
All applications containing detailed Curriculum Vitae. copies of Birth Certificates / should be submitted to the address below:
The Executive Director
P. O. BOX 73
Closing Date: 08 October, 2019