A good non-bank financial institution is in search of recruiting a certainly certified character for the placement of Branch Accountant- Cameroon Branch Office to ensure right accounting practices to sell the achievement of the strategic objective of the branch office.
HEAD OF FINANCE – HEAD OFFICE
• To provide sound accounting and financial services based on international principles to support the office to achieve its strategic objectives.
Obligations and Responsibilities
• Ensure that proper and dependable books of accounts are kept.
• Ensure that prompt and accurate entries are made for all financial and technical transactions in the accounting (Sage/Sun) and technical (ICS) software.
• Maintain accurate and reliable economic and technical ledgers
• Ensure that accurate and reliable fixed asset registers and their associated deprecation fees are maintained.
• Set off guidance of correct quarterly trial balance and submission of same to the head office for evaluation.
• Ensure prompt preparation of all periodic reports for Head office evaluation.
• Ensure prompt payment of approved expenses which must be in accordance with the approved budget.
• Ensure payment vouchers, journal vouchers, receipts, and any other supporting documents that and necessary for carrying out financial and technical transactions are property raised and filed.
Statutory and Regulatory Compliance
• Ensure that all relevant taxes, statutory and regulatory payments are promptly filed and paid to the appropriate authorities to avoid penalty.
• Liaise with Tax and Legal consultants to ensure compliance with new and existing laws to avoid penalties.
• Liaise with the Internal Audit Department to ensure prompt conduct of the audit of the company.
• Liaise with external auditors to ensure prompt audit of the company financial statement
• Any other duty that may be relevant to statutory and regulatory compliance.
• Ensure prompt and accurate processing of monthly payroll for Head office to review.
• Ensure all tax deductions, pensions, and other relevant deductions are promptly paid to the appropriate authorities to avoid penalties.
• Ensure reliable register of staff loans and proper reconciliation between accounting and payroll software
• Ensure that all payroll entries are made in the accounting software and all reconciliations are kept for the records.
• Ensure prompt generations of monthly payslips/advice for staff.
• Any other duty that may be relevant to the performance of the payroll function.
Banking and Treasury
• Ensure prompt banking of all remittances
• Ensure prompt and accurate entries are made for all remittances in the appropriate software
• Ensure all ledgers or accounts related to the banking are kept
• Ensure reliable bank reconciliation statements are prepared and submitted to Head Office for review.
• Ensure all outstanding items on the bank reconciliations statement are promptly resolved
• Ensure the company maintain a reliable daily cash balance to avoid overdrawn and excess balance
• Ensure the company invest all excess funds promptly to meet its budget
• Maintain a reliable register of all investments and ensure rollover dates are promptly brought to the attention of the Head Office.
• Maintain a petty cash system that complies with the company’s policy 1) Any other duty that may be relevant to performing the role of banking and treasury function
Key Managerial Competences:
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills 2. Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work as a team member with shared goals 4. Ability to motivate others to achieve results.
• A good understanding of managing performance and performance management systems.
• Prepare a budget.
• Prepare management accounts and other accounting and financial reports.
• Good knowledge of Sage/Sun Accounting Software and SICS NT Software.
• Ability to prepare accurate and reliable bank reconciliation reports.
• Good knowledge of Statutory accounting requirements.
• Excellent computer skills.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a qualified Accountant (ICAG, or ACCA) and possess a relevant first degree.
• Must have a minimum of six (6) years’ work experience in an accounting role. (Three (3) years as Senior Officer and three (3) years as Officer).
• Must have a working knowledge of the French language.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested employees should please send their application letters and CVs to:
11 April, 2022