A reputable institution is seeking to recruit a Business Accountant. Job Title:
Business Accountant Reporting Reports to:
Directors/Chief Operating Officer/Finance Director Division/Department:
Finance & Admin Supervisor’s Functions:
Managing all Treasury & Business Finance Functions in the company. Position Summary (why the job exists)
• This job position is the focal point for all Business Accounting &Finance including Finance Controls, Administration, Logistics, Procurement and Document Controls.
• This role has high visibility and major interfaces with Leadership, Financial and Tax Authorities, Major and Local community vendors and various stakeholders.
• This role involves supporting strategy formulation and commercial decisions for the organization, including supporting in planning, budgets, operational and project performance management.
• The role also involves execution and application of the organization’s financial and business controls framework across the various line teams. Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities (what the job does) in concise and clear terms. Avoid statements describing incumbent performance. Treasury, Finance Controls and Taxation
• Implement Finance Controls and Taxation Policies and Procedures across the organisation.
• Prepare Monthly Management reports and Financial Statements.
• Maintain fixed assets register in accounting system and conduct spot and planned physical counts. Clear Fixed Assets. Control Account of new Fixed Assets purchased and label them.
• Conduct spot and planned physical count of inventory.
• Prepare Month End Fixed Assets and Inventory Schedule, to support the Months Financial Statements.
• Support Operations in the preparation of Operations and Maintenance as well as all support services (Logistics, Security, IT and Safety) budget..
• Prepare monthly financial and management information reporting on the performance of theorganisation.
• Responsible for all banking and Treasury activities of the organization.
• Prepare Bank reconciliations at Month end.
• Maintain petty cash and issue reconciliation statement at the end of each month.
• Enter all petty cash transactions in Accounting Systems.
• Prepare schedule for filing PAYE, SSNIT, VAT, WHT and Minor Taxes. Reconcile Tax Accounts at the end of each month. File all Tax returns for each month.
• Prepare annual budgets and Business Plans for the organisation.
• Act as the liaison between the Company and the banks, tax authorities, tax consultants, and external auditors. Logistics
• Assist in coordinating and maintaining records of lodging at hotels used by the organisation.
• Schedule vehicles and transport coordination.
• Arrange international and ground transportation, meet and greet for all business travelers locally and international.
• Manage provisions and general office supplies to ensure optimal reorder levels for stationery, fuel and grocery, toiletries, mugs, glasses etc ensuring adherence to company stock management procedure. Contract & Procurement
• Evaluate and create Purchase and Release Purchase Order.
• Receive and match purchase invoices for payment processing.
• Carry out monthly reconciliation of all vendors and issue age analysis report at end of each Month. Document Control
• File all Finance, Logistics and Procurement related documents on Document Systems and keep hard copies on file. Qualification Required & Experience Knowledge:
• Degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics or Accounting from a University/Polytechnic, or professional Accounting Certification. Knowledge of accounting, Controls, and Financial systems.
• At least 5 years’ relevant post university relevant experience. Key Skills:
• Knowledge of finance controls
• Technical knowledge and application of International Financial Reporting Standards
• Analytical and able to communicate effectively
• Knowledge of Financial Applications such as SUN, QuickBooks, Sage etc.
• Able to plan effectively and monitor progress
• Knowledge of Local Country Tax Regime
• Governance & Controls – attention to detail, willingness to challenge, process awareness
• Knowledge of Procurement procedures and Negotiating skills Abilities
• Ability to resolve disputes and communicate effectively with customers
• Ability to motivate self to achieve goals. use of initiative
• Ability to manage stress and work under pressure
• Ability to speak and write English and French fluently Behaviours:
• A self-starter
• Maximizes business opportunities.
• High personal integrity
• Demonstrates courage,
• Delivers results through others
• Impartial and balanced individual Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their CVs email address below: [email protected] Closing Date:
12 August, 2019