Dimensions of Role:
• Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
• Leads Country Resource Mobilization Planning and implementation.
• The Grants and Resource Mobilization Coordinator and Local Fund-raising Specialist reports directly to the position.
• Area of Responsibility – Country Program (CSP and Country Res. Mobilization Plan) Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
Please state why each activity is done and the indicators for success Business Development Manager’s role in the CLT:
• Participate in CLT decision-making.
• Support the CLT to manage relationships and processes relating to partners (NGOs and communities), including partner assessment and engagements.
• Take responsibility as part of the CLT for risk management processes in-country. Strategy Development
• Responsible for the development and roll out of a Resource Acquisition and Management strategy.
• Support the localisation of Plan-Ghana Resource mobilisation Strategy in line with the Ghana CSP.
• Facilitate in identifying Plan program priorities for fundraising.
• Participate and play a key role in the development and refinement of Plan Ghana’s CSP.
• Provide direction in the development of individual PU fundraising strategies for Plan Ghana. Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in relevant field such as international development, Planning, Management, Marketing and Communication and in social sciences, or any related field.
• A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant professional experience in Grants Acquisition and Management.
• Preferably At least 5 years work experience with international development or humanitarian organizations.
• Demonstrated track record developing successful funding proposals for major institutional donors.
• Capacity building experience in project design, implementation, reporting, and evaluation. Demonstrated behaviors needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role:
• Develops, motivates coaches and manages procurement team in the country for donor procedures.
• Promotes high performance by all staff.
• Promotes innovation and learning.
• Communicates clearly and effectively.
• Gains, develops and retains credibility about his/her performance. Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
• Preferably knowledge of funding cycles, strategic priorities, and requirements of major donors such as EU, USAID, CIDA, GF, World Bank, etc.
• Understanding of International Donor requirements
• Maintains good contact with partners, Multilateral Companies and organisations operating in Ghana.
• Excellent proposal and report writing skills.
• Fundraising skills
• Analytical skills
• Program/project management skills
• Financial Management skills.
• Networking and partnership development.
• Strong team building and motivational skills.
• Strong negotiation, facilitating and influencing skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications usage and other relevant software and other applications.
• Self-starter, takes initiative and works with minimal direct supervision.
• Strong inter-personal and cross-cultural skills.
• Flexible, able to shift directions quickly and occasionally work long hours to meet tight proposal deadlines. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
17 February, 2021