Since, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
We are currently seeking a Business Services Official, (BSO) to be based in the Kumasi Office for a multi-year USAID-funded project. The successful candidate will be responsible for employing appropriate technical strategies and methodologies to achieve maximum benefits toward the short and long term goals of the project goals. This includes but is not limited to, supporting firms to adopt new business methods, technologies adn other innovations that improve firm and industry performance to compete in the market place and encouraging inter-firm relationships.
The Successful Candidate will be responsible for:
• Provide demand-driven technical assistance and training on improved business practices to farm businesses, farmer organizations and other value chain businesses in the ADVANCE agricultural value chains. Such technical assistance may include but not be limited to the production of crop budgets annual farm budgets, determining profitability, long term improvement plans, investment benefit/cost analysis, break-even analysis, business plans, bank loan proposals, use of contracts, staffing, inventory control, banking and financial management, use of computers, payroll management etc.
• Identity appropriate value chain actors and develop plans for leveraging/facilitating their investments and innovation for buying down risk (when needed)
• Recommend innovative use of the program grant facility
• Monitor closely the performance of participating actors and document all changes (both qualitatively and quantitatively) in line with the program's M&E framework and assist M&E officials feed such data into the MIS system
• Familiarizes him/herself with the ADVANCE gender and environmental management plans to ensure they are incorporated into their daily operations.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants should have a minimum of a Master's degree in agriculture, agricultural economics or related fields from a recognized university and
• At least 10 years of post-qualification working experience, five of these years at senior management positions and preferably involving close work with smallholder farmers or setups in rural communities.
• Strong moral and written communication skills and proficiency in written and spoken English is required
• Ability to work in a diverse teamwork environment
• Ability and willingness to travel routinely within working area and country
• Computer literate with skills in the Windows office programs
How To Apply For The Job
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a resume CV to:-
15 December, 2015