African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET)
NGO / International Agencies
Job Vacancy For Call for National Service Personnel: Youth Employment and Skills
The African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET) has a vacancy for a National Service Person to work with our Youth Employment and Skills unit.
The African Center for Economic Transformation is a pan-African policy institute based in Accra, Ghana. Established is 2008, ACET undertakes world class research and analysis, provides advisory services to governments across the continent and advocates for the economic transformation agenda. Economic transformation is at the heart of ACET’s work, whereby we seek to support African governments to design and implement transformative policy for long term equitable growth. ACET works with leading development organizations such as the World Bank, OECD, IMF, African Development Bank, and African Union, as well as major foundations and bilateral development agencies.
Terms of Reference
Reporting to the Head of the Youth, Employment and Skills (YES) team, the National Service Personnel (NSP) will assist the YES PACT coordinator in conducting desk research, support YES PACT program activities and other activities that the YES team engages in within the program.
Specifically, the National Service Person will:
• Assist in researching recent data on Youth, Employment and Skills areas such as secondary education and TVET.
• Assist the YES team in keeping up to date with emerging trends in relation to education systems and the labour market.
• Assist the YES PACT coordinator in the day-to-day running of the YES PACT platform
• Assist the ACET Knowledge Manager in circulating content on the YES PACT platform
• Assist in coordinating ACET YES events with support from the events and communications teams in ACET
• Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time in support of ACET’s mission
Qualification Required & Experience
• An undergraduate degree in Development Studies, Economics or Statistics with emphasis on Labor economics/education, or related fields is required.
• Ability to learn and quickly grab new concepts.
• Experience in research, data collection, analysis is an asset.
How To Apply For The Job
Please send your application/letter of interest, your curriculum vitae and a reference to:
Closing Date: 06 September, 2023
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.