Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using the power of play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 22 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
• Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
• Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
• Display Courage – Act with integrity
• Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
• Be Playful – Have fun at work
Please visit our website to learn more about who we are and what we do, and watch this video to find out about the five pillars of our Culture Code. Job Description
• The Capacity Building and Training Specialist reports directly to the Program Director and is responsible for the implementation of Right To Play’s key levers of Learning through Play (LtP) model for systemic, sustainable change in teaching and learning across Ghana.
• These key levers for change include (i) high standards of training in LtP using Right To Play’s play-based approach to training; (ii) follow-up and supervision of those trained; and, (iii) facilitation of peer and/or social learning communities..
• The position is also to assist Global Training and Capacity Building Specialist improve and develop Right To Play resources, training and capacity building programs, organize and conduct staff training, and institutionalize the use of RTP coaching-mentoring and social/peer learning programs to increase the quality and impact of the programs in country. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES Job Responsibility #1: RTP Modules, Training and Resources (35% of Time):
• Contributes to the development of RTP modules, training manuals and capacity building materials in cooperation with the global training team, monitoring evaluation and learning team.
• Oversees piloting of new and revised modules and training manuals in country.
• Oversees the contextualization processes, outputs and results with different stakeholders.
• Ensures modules, training manuals, resources and other capacity building materials are culturally appropriate for audiences in the country.
• Oversees translation of modules, training manuals and other resources from English to the local language and contextualization based on the needs of the beneficiaries
• In cooperation with the Global Training Team, ensures that the training session plans and activities are appropriate for primary and pre-primary setting. Job Responsibility #2: Design and implement internal training and capacity building regiments (20% of Time):
• In cooperation with the Program Director, and with assistance of the Training Officer ensure full coverage of all training and capacity building needs in the country.
• Evaluates training needs of RTP country staff.
• Develops annual operations and action plans to meet the learning needs using Right To Play’s 3 levers for change.
• Organizes and conducts trainings on standard RTP modules and identify other training and capacity building needs.
• Assesses the needs and areas of growth within the country and run refresher workshops and skills development workshops.
• Assists the Global training team in design, development, supervision, evaluation and assessment of training and capacity building workshops.
• Assists the Global training team in the design, development, supervision, evaluation and assessment of coaching-mentoring and social learning programs.
• Supports the monitoring, learning and evaluation components in coordination with MEL. Job Responsibility #3 Design and implement external training and capacity building regiments (40% of Time):
• Supports the Training Officer to evaluate training and capacity building needs of RTP partner’s staff, teachers and volunteers.
• Supports the Training Officer to conduct trainings to staff and to partners’ staff on RTP modules and resources.
• In cooperation with the Global training team, design, develop, supervise, evaluate and revise training workshops and the delivery of workshops, coaching-mentoring and social learning programs to external program staff and volunteers including partners representatives, school administration, I/NGOs and CBO leadership team.
• Represents RTP in Country level Forums, conferences and meetings to advocate for the use of sport for development/Learning through play in the country.
• Plays a role in seeking opportunities for field staff to share their experiences with stakeholders and potential partners inside and outside the country.
• In cooperation with the Program Director and assistance of the TO, coordinate the schedule and activities during the field visits of our International, donors, athlete Ambassadors, National offices and HQ visitors.
• Assists the researches and studies related to the program.
• Coordinates the engagement of external consultants and service providers related to instructional design and resource development.
• In coordination with the Program Director, the Global Training team and the assistance of the TO, develop learning modules and materials for blended learning delivery. Job Responsibility #4: Perform Other Duties as Assigned (5% of Time): Qualification Required & Experience EDUCATION/TRAINING/CERTIFICATION:
Masters’ in Education or Education and development studies EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 5 years of working experience in Education, or training and capacity building.
• Experience in curriculum development or Education Policy analysis
• Experience in teaching primary or pre-primary education
• Experience in development of blended learning and/or digital learning materials COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• Attention to detail and ability to plan and implement work plan with minimum supervision
• Good networking and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines and pressure
• Excellent communication and reporting skills
• Strong analytical abilities
• Good presentation skills
• Ability to work as part of a team in culturally diverse professional staff
• Excellent supervisor and team building skills TECNHNICAL SKILLS:
Excellent MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
• Previous experience working in I/NGO
• A background in Education
• Experience in the use of Play Based Methodologies
• Proven ability to coordinate a nationwide project.
• Experience managing direct reports LANGUAGES:
Fluency written and spoken English and other Ghanaian local languages WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about our commitment to help children and youth rise above life’s challenges through the power of play. You are highly collaborative and a relationship builder with a passion for humanitarian work, human rights and social change. You have been extensively involved in capacity building and training. Your attention to detail is great and you have a positive, follow-through mindset. You are focused on strategically positioning Right To Play as a partner of choice for our donors. WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
and kindly include “Capacity Building and Training Specialist” in the subject line. Closing Date:
17 July, 2020