The U.S. Embassy in Accra, Ghana is seeking an individual for the position of CASHIER in the Financial Management Center (FMC) of the Embassy. POSITION NO:
A46421 BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The position is located in the Financial Management Center (FMC) and reports to the Financial Management Officer (FMO). The basic function of the Class B Cashier is to provide cash services to the Mission community. The cashier supports 5 sub-cashiers and is authorized to provide support for 9 Agencies including 121 U.S Direct Hires (USDHs) and 391 Locally Employed Staff (LE Staff). MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides full range of Class B cashier functions to include provision of cash for petty cash purchases, payment of vouchers under USD500.00 or special emergency vouchers approved by the Administrative Counselor, creates Suspense Deposit Abroad (SDA) accounts in compliance with U.S Government (USG) standards, accept payments for accounts receivables, deposit collections into the U.S Disbursing Office (USDO) local account, and accommodation exchange. 50%
• Prepares daily deposit of VISA fee collections done by Ecobank. In addition, deposits all collections by the consular cashier into the USDO account through Ecobank. All discrepancies should be noted and if possible, corrected within 48 hours. 15%
• Reviews sub-cashier operations on a quarterly basis. The action should include unannounced audits. All audits should be documented and findings provided to the sub-cashier, sub cashier supervisor, and FMO. 15%
• Provides gas coupon and accept residential phone bill payments which should be paid to Ghana Telecom within one week after it has been received 10%
• Supports Congressional Delegations (CODELS) and VIP visits. 5%
• Other duties as assigned by FMO or Financial Specialist. 5% Qualification Required & Experience NOTE:
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
• Completion of Secondary School or combination of Secondary School and Technical training is required.
• At least 4 years of financial experience is required. Two (2) years of which must be in cashier area.
• Level III (good working knowledge) spoken/written English is required. (Language proficiency will be tested).
• Ability to acquire thorough knowledge of cashier regulations and directives from Financial Services Center (FSC) Charleston and Treasury is required.
• Ability to type not less than 40wpm. Skilled use of the calculator and aptitude for mathematical analysis is required. Salary: GH¢34,257.00
p.a. (Starting salary) Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) as a locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174): or
2. A combination of both: i.e. Section 1-24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see section 3A below for more information): plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form
DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veteran preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
6. A telephone number, post office box and/or e-mail address where we can contact you to schedule an interview.
3A. If an applicant is submitting a resume or curriculum vitae, s/he must provide the following information equal to what is found on the UAE. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
A. Position Title
B. Position Grade
C. Vacancy Announcement Number (if known)
D. Dates Available for Work
E. First, Middle, & Last Names as well as any other names used
F. Date and Place of Birth
G. Current Address, Day, Evening, and Cell phone numbers
H. U.S. Citizenship Status (Yes or No) & status of permanent U.S. Resident (Yes or No; if yes, provide number)
I. U.S. Social Security Number and/or Identification Number
J. Eligibility to work in the country (Yes or No)
K. Special Accommodations the Mission needs to provide
L. If applying for position that includes driving a U.S. Government vehicle, Driver’s License Class / Type
M. Days available to work
N. List any relatives or members of your household that work for the U.S. Government (include their Name, Relationship, & Agency, Position, Location)
O. U.S. Eligible Family Member and Veterans Hiring Preference
Q. License, Skills, Training, Membership, & Recognition
R. Language Skills
S. Work Experience
T. References NOTE:
1. All applications must have the Position Number
and Position Title
2. All “Hard Copy”/printed applications must be submitted to the Mail Room at the
Chancery. Hard Copy Applications submitted through any other office will not be accepted. You may apply on-line using the email address.:- Acc[email protected]
This is the preferred means of applying for a position with the American Embassy.
3. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE FOR AN OPEN/ADVERTIZED POSITION. APPLICATIONS PREVIOUSLY CONSIDERED FOR A JOB WILL NOT BE HELD/CONSIDERED FOR FUTURE JOBS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, YOU MUST RE-APPLY. SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: Human Resources Office Through the Mailroom, Chancery American Embassy, Accra P.O. Box GP194, Accra POINT OF CONTACT:
E-mail: [email protected] Closing Date:
30 September, 2015 NOTE: ALL U.S. AND NON-GHANAIAN CITIZENS, WHO ARE NOT FAMILY MEMBERS OF USG EMPLOYEES OFFICIALLY ASSIGNED TO POST AND UNDER CHIEF OF MISSION AUTHORITY, MUST ATTACH COPIES OF THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. NO RELOCATION EXPENSES ARE PROVIDED TO THE JOB LOCATION: ACCRA, GHANA. IF TRANSPORTATION TO ACCRA IS REQUIRED, IT WILL BE THE EMPLOYEE’S RESPONSIBILITY.