MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over Thirty-Seven (37) countries worldwide.
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancies for a passion driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with the below relevant qualification/s and experience - Centre Midwife Length of contract:
All vacancies advertised have One (1) year contract (renewable base upon good performance).
The Centre Midwife will be responsible for providing high quality core MSIG clinical services in the assigned centre of excellence. She will be required to support the Centre Manager to maintain high quality clinical service’s and to promote a congenial and professional atmosphere towards all clients. The Centre Midwife will report to the respective Centre Manager in the region. Key Responsibilities
• Assist to oversee the work schedules & Strengths of all clinical team working within the centres.
• Efficiently provide clinical services including long acting family planning methods.
• Ensure proper maintenance of all clinical products and equipment
• Promote and maintain a welcoming, friendly, professional and efficient atmosphere towards all clients in the centre to ensure client satisfaction at all times.
• Counsel and assist clients to make informed FP/SRH choices when necessary.
• Ensure that clinical complications at service delivery points are minimised or professionally managed when they occur.
• Provide core MSIG Clinical services including: IUCD, Implant insertion, MSP and MSMP.
• Support the Centre Manager to monitor monthly centre results and make appropriate recommendations to meet centre set targets.
• Assist with all clinical trainings at the centre level.
• Counsel and assist clients to make informed family Planning/sexual Reproductive Health decision
• Keep and manage records of all centre activities including minutes of centre team meetings
• Assist the Centre Manager to ensure formal communications with the various health partners where appropriate
• Support with the entry of all service data into Clic and other MSIG database as required.
• Pro-choice and pro-family planning Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a recognized clinical qualification in Midwifery.
• Must be registered with a recognised local clinical professional body in Ghana and be of good Standing
• Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision Skill and Experience:
• At least Three (3) years post-graduation experience in a Midwifery position
• Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health
• Be well versed in Ghana Health Service clinical policies, protocols and standards
• Excellent provider-client interaction skills
• Work experience with Ghana Health Service and/or an INGO
• Articulate and analytical with attention to detail
• Knowledge of health delivery system in Ghana
• Must be multi-skilled and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
• Be able to work on own initiative and at longer periods.
• Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels –government, donor and community
• Passionate about maternal health and the vulnerable
• Motivates team members to deliver high quality service and result
• Team player, self motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results
• Pro-choice and pro-family planning Location:
Ashanti and Western Regions How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
13 November, 2020
• Please fill application with the exact job title and location if indicated.
• Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• These are local positions. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
• Females are encouraged to apply