We are a multinational financial services group with a commitment to the delivery of client centric and innovative solutions to our stakeholders. Our operations in Ghana require the services of dynamic, forward thinking achievers to fill position:- Chief Commercial Officer
Reporting to the CEO, the ideal candidate shall perform the following core duties:
1. Leadership and strategy
• Develop strategic direction and plans for the company with regard to all commercial functions including sales, marketing, business development and customer support/customer experience
• Deliver strategic leadership for defining the commercial path to growth and profitability of the company and establish an effective growth process and infrastructure
• Develop collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit of the company's overall business goals.
• Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel. In collaboration with the HR department recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified sales personnel.
2. Business Development
• Roll-out and develop distribution channels including direct, agents and broker channels in order to meet Ghana's retail and corporate sales and profit targets.
• Originate and manage business development opportunities that are consistent with the company's strategy for revenue growth
• Handle special assignments, do in-depth analysis, follow up on various files and work closely in concert with all members of the in-country management and leadership committees
• Identify and develop new market opportunities for the company's product portfolio
• Develop and drive the pricing strategy of the organization
• Lead development of the company's marketing strategy with an emphasis on achieving market penetration and sales growth with a particular emphasis on cost effective customer acquisition and market demand generation
• Develop and implement a market communication strategy that positions the company and its brand as a preferred financial wellness partner brand in Ghana
• Develop and implement the company's sales strategy across key market segments to ensure that the company identifies and optimizes a clear path to aggressive growth
• Assess, build and manage an array of necessary channels capable of delivering on the company's growth objectives
• lead sales channels and manage sales operations organization, field sales organization, agents and brokers and Bancassurance channels to meet and exceed revenue targets
• Manage sales pipeline to ensure accurate and adequate lead inflow to reach targeted sales objectives
• Interact effectively with the sales operations teams to ensure a smooth flow of information.
5. Monitoring and Supervision
• Develop and maintain initiatives in order to achieve up to date competitive analysis portfolio
• Develop and monitor quality metrics, establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators to ensure targets are continuously met
• Cultivate a culture of focused hard work and openness
• In liaison with other business segments, recommend incentive plans which motivate individuals and teams to perform successfully in line with the objectives while respecting the budget.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A relevant degree from a recognized institution. In addition,a charted insurer qualification will be advantageous
• At least 10 years work experience in an overall commercial/business function in the insurance industry
• Experience at working in a "performance based" environment
• Knowledge and prior experience with Bancassurance channels
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong and demonstrate strategic thinking skills
• Capacity to conceptualize as well as operationalize commercial strategies
• Demonstrate experience in develop and executing successful commercialization strategies
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend technically complex insurance and financial services topics.
How To Apply For The Job
If you have what it takes, you may apply by sending your application, CV with at least two professional references via email to:-
By Posting to the:-
Human Resource Manager,
P.O.Box AN 12408,
26 November, 2015