• Strategic, operational, and overall responsibility for the P.E.S.T related to MTN Ghana’s Corporate Affairs. Responsibilities include Regulatory and Government Affairs, Corporate Communications, Commercial Legal, Sustainability & Social Impact. Job Role
• Oversee the development of strategies and programmes that provide the needed support to the CEO and leadership with respect to MTN’s corporate positioning to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead the delivery of the company’s ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) requirements to impact national agenda, communities that we operate in and staff in a responsible manner.
• Lead the identification of laws, rules, codes and standards applicable to the company’s multiregulated operating environment, operationalise compliance obligations into daily processes and procedures, monitor compliance controls and regulatory compliance reporting internally.
• Guide good corporate citizenship related thematic investments aligned to overall company strategy. Positive screening for partnerships and a focus on impact investing related to social and environmental needs.
• Identify, build, and manage relationships with key high-value stakeholders, including traditional authorities for cultural relations, the media, corporate organizations and various communities in which the business operates.
• Partner with the Chief Financial Officer to support the Investor Relations Portfolio of the business with key stakeholder management issues.
• Responsible for functional people/human resource leadership for a productive, engaged, enabled and equipped team. Regulatory / Government Relations
• Oversee compliance to regulations for protecting the rights of consumers and protection of business.
• Oversee compliance to license requirements.
• Oversee that specified codes of conduct are followed regarding financial and operational transactions.
• Develop high-level contacts with key government officials for effective government relations that impact MTN and national good and progress.
• Guide MTN Ghana and advise MTN Group in terms of stakeholders and political alliances within the country.
• Issue intelligence and Issue management to reduce adverse enterprise value. Corporate Communications / PR
• Oversee the development, execution and management of corporate communication plans, issues programs and activities that generate adequate levels of public awareness about MTN Ghana in the local and international market; to ensure a competitive corporate image is created and maintained.
• Media and digital media relations and management. Corporate reputation management and crisis communication. Qualification Required & Experience Education
• LLB, Professional Law
• Post Graduate Degree Experience
• 12 years relevant senior managerial experience, in a multinational environment and at least 5 years’ experience at strategic management/C-suite level.
• Management experience in a highly complex stakeholder environment.
• Experience in a multi regulated environment. Knowledge:
• Business Consulting
• Business Risk Management
• Government Relations
• Ghana Laws and Regulations
• Corporate or Commercial Law
• Legislation and Compliance
• Policy Design and Development
• Public Relations Management
• Result Orientation
• Stakeholders Relations Management
• Strategic Thinking
• Telecommunication Business Savvy
• Contract Management
• Public Affairs Compliance Skills / physical competencies;
• Vision and Direction – Define business unit objectives to ensure that staff at all levels understand expectations and targets. Create a long-term vision of excellence and success, and generate deep-seated excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to that vision.
• Customer Centricity – Internal and External across various touch points.
• Ability to manage self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability.
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, results oriented and develops self consistently.
• Empowers team to deliver on targets through promoting interaction, cohesion, and synergy.
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, excellent negotiation skills, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports.
• Change Maker – Adapting to and influencing change when appropriate or necessary. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number IRC24636 as the email subject and ensure that CVs are saved in their names. Applications without the subject and CVs saved in their names will automatically be disqualified.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] Closing Date:
19 August, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.