Local Government Service Secretariat (LGSS)
Executive / Management
Job Vacancy For Chief Director At Local Government Service Secretariat (LGSS)
The Local Government Service Secretariat (LGSS) in fulfillment of its mandate of ensuring the effective and efficient day-to-day administration of the Metropolitan/Municipal/District Assemblies (MMDAs) and in accordance with the Local Government Service Act 2003, (Act 656) is seeking highly successful and results-oriented persons to fill the following position in the Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies.
Position: Chief Director
To provide leadership in the implementation of official policies and programmes in the Region in particular and in the Local Government Service as a whole.
• Promotes effective co-ordination and institutional relationships among MMDAs, RCC, LGSS and other organisations;
• Assesses project proposals and contract agreements to ensure compliance with prescribed laws and regulations;
• Assists in the formulation and implementation of regional and national policies;
• Acts as Advisor to the Regional Minister, Head of Service, Development Partners and other relevant Stakeholders;
• Ensures the development of the capabilities, skills and knowledge of staff;
• Appraises direct reports; and
• Undertakes any other tasks that may be assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master's Degree from a recognised University in Public Policy, Development Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, Organisational Development, Public Administration or an equivalent discipline.
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant working experience in the Public Service of which at least ten (10) years must have beenacquired at Director's level.
• Membership of a relevant Professional Body will be an added advantage.
The Ideal Candidate must have:
• Leadership and Managerial Skills
• Effective Communication Skills
• Excellent Analytical Skills
• Substantial expertise in Public Sector Management and Local Government Policy Administration
• Literacy in Information & Communication Technology (ICT).
How To Apply For The Job
All Applications shall:
• Indicate the position applied for in the application;
• Attach copies of Educational Certificates, Professional Certificates (where applicable), Curriculum Vitae (CV) including three (3) referees with their contact details, (at least one referee must be professional related);
Submit application before Friday, 26th June, 2015 to:
The Head of Service
Local Government Service Secretariat
P. O. Box MB 396
Ministries - Accra
Closing Date: 26 June, 2015