Ghana Tourism Authority
Executive / Management
Job Vacancy For Chief Executive Officer At Ghana Tourism Authority
Ensure that legal responsibilities and obligations of the Authority are efficiently and effcctively fulfilled.
• Provides legal advice on the operations of the Authority.
• Liaises with the Attorney-General's department and other stakeholders for the preparation and review of legal documents relating to the Authority's mandate.
• Handles all legal contentions and represents the Authority at law courts with assistance of External Solicitor.
• Collaborates with other Departments of the Authority to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations.
• Prepares agenda and working papers for regular and special Board of Directors meetings.
• Drafts all legal documents for the Authority
• Studies, signs and seals contractual agreements between individuals or groups of persons and the Board.
• Ensures that the Board of Directors directives are properly communicated to appropriate departmental heads.
• Perform other job functions which may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master's Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: Tourism, Business Administration, (Management or Marketing), Development Planning or other related disciplines.
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years post-graduation relevant work experience, five (5) years of which must be in a Senior Management position in a reputable institution.
• Must pass a selection interview
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Extensive leadership, networking, monitoring and management skills
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Negotiating, lobbying and conflict resolution skills
• Capacity to inspire and motivate
• Extensive knowledge in tourism and related industry
• Extensive knowledge in financial, procurement, budgeting and auditing regulations
• Proficiency in relevant computer applications
• Ability to act with discretion, tact and diplomacy
• Ability to plan and prioritise own workload and take initiative
• Be innovative
• Have a high sense of integrity and responsiveness
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send their applications and detailed CVs to:
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMISSION
P. O. BOX GP 1618
Closing Date: 19 October, 2015