The Northern Development Authority (NDA) was established under the Northern Development Authority Act 2017 (Act 963) to provide a framework for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern Zone. The NDA also serves as an agency for the implementation of the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication programme (IPEP).
The objects of NDA are to accelerate economic and social development in the NDA zone through strategic direction in the planning & prioritization of development projects; mobilize public resources including financial resources and private public investments for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern zone; coordinate development activities in the Northern Zone with the aim of ensuring that i. public resources are effectively utilized, and ii. private sector investments achieve maximum development impacts to reduce poverty and deprivation iii. formulate and implement initiatives towards achieving gender equality and empowerment of vulnerable groups in the Northern Zone;
To fulfill its mandate, the Northern Development Authority (NDA) seeks to hire qualified Ghanaians who are highly motivated, dynamic, results-oriented with good leadership qualities and strong work ethics to fill the following positions at the Head-office and Zonal Offices.
Chief Finance Assistant
• To provide operational support in the financial administration functions of the unit
• Facilitate the collection of data for the formulation of policies
• Facilitate the collection of data for the development of work plan for the unit
• Facilitate the collection of inputs for the preparation of annual master budget for the authority
• Facilitate the provision of support for the maintenance and update on cash balances and the performances of all investments
• Collects data for the preparation of draft annual financial statements
• Provide support for the preparation of the annual final account of the authority
• Provide support for judicious use of funds in accordance with official policies and procedures
• Participate in the preparation of financial documents for external audit
• Participate in the preparation of vouchers, vet financial documents and ledger entries
• Participate in the collection of data for preparation of annual budget to the Ministry of Finance
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of HND or University Diploma from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: Accounting, Finance or any other related field
• A minimum of 6 years post qualification relevant work experience in a reputable organisation
Competencies / Personal Attributes
• Knowledge in accounting software and applications
• Knowledge and application of relevant administrative tools and software
• Quantitative, qualitative and analytical skills
• Relevant knowledge in ICT applications skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) etc
• Communication, Interpersonal, Presentation and report writing skills
• Ability to initiate and a team player
• Project management skills
• High integrity with strong ethics
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address below not later than one week after publication of this notice.
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of key job responsibilities;
• Application letter (stating the position applied for) to the address below;
• Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualifications, as well as national service certificate (if applicable);
• Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related);
• Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
The Head, Human Resource,
Northern Development Authority,
P.O. Box TL 883,
Lamashegu Industrial Area,
Tamale Northern Region.
Interested applicants can submit applications at our front-desks Head office in Tamale, industrial area:
[email protected] .com
16 December, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. NDA is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the economic, social development and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect these.