FNB is well renowned for its many ground breaking innovations that have significantly reshaped the banking landscape in South Africa. At the core of these innovations lies a strong technology capability that has been developed over many years and is constantly refined in line with the latest developments. Our unique application of technology has become one of our major sources of competitive advantage. Accordingly therefore, the successful candidate will be expected to build on this track record of success by formulating and directing the bank’s IT strategy as well as leading other key technology initiatives and practices across the bank
• Provide relevant information on both income and expenditure budgets for the functional area to prepare accurate financial forecasts in support of the business goals
• Identifying, facilitating and driving synergies and collaboration opportunities across Segments, Channels and Product Houses
• Draw up service level agreements to meet client expectations
• Ensure quality and quantity of service delivery in support of service level agreements
• Setting the vision and strategy as well as institutionalizing a roadmap for FNB wide IT and systems with due regard to the uniqueness of the requirements of the various Segments, Channels and Product Houses
• Define an IT strategy in accordance with business and technological drivers and promote best practice guidelines through continuous improvement
• Working with Segment and Business Unit CIOs to define and implement industry leading practices, policies and processes in terms of IT portfolio management, IT Risk management and governance, technology architecture etc. to ensure that appropriate IT governance and controls are in place across FNB as well as compliance with regulatory controls.- Representing FNB at various IT industry forums as applicable
• Ensuring that FNB remains on the cutting edge of innovation by researching and recommending appropriate technology investments in line with the latest developments and trends.
• Driving and directing strategic projects and material cross segment technology investments through the delivery of projects in accordance with business requirements and agreed project timelines.
• Development and mentoring of IT leaders and emerging talent across the bank.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Relevant business degree preferably post graduate qualification
• Extensive experience in the respective functional area
• In depth knowledge of relevant legislation, systems and processes
• Experience in leading diverse teams and managing multiple disciplines Personal Attributes:
• High level of emotional intelligence
• Cross-culture Intelligence
• Highly resilient
• Highly adaptive
• Psychological and emotional readiness (Expat and family)
• A minimum of 10 years solid experience in a complex, heterogeneous and distributed IT environment.
• An appropriate tertiary qualification is a minimum requirement
• An additional business qualification would be an advantage
• Experience with implementing T24 and CR2 software.
• Detailed understanding of Ghana Regulatory environment and ecosystem.
• Architectural understanding of the capabilities and components required to run a Universal Banking Platform.
• Experience and understanding of all IT Domains including architecture, application development, infrastructure, security and governance.
• Strong IT Financial Management skills. Strong People Management skills – must be able to operate in a complex matrix organisation.
• Strong Project Management skills coupled with a delivery track record.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
15 March, 2020