A reputable non-banking financial institution in Accra is seeking to employ the following: Chief Investment Officer Position Responsibility and Functions OBJECTIVE
• Have primary oversight responsibilities for the Fund’s investment portfolio management.
• Position Responsibility and Functions
• Supervise the Fund’s Investment Department.
• Provide insight and direction towards maintaining a profitable and healthy investment portfolio for the Fund.
• Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for managing the full spectrum of investment assets for the Fund. .
• Develop and maintain professional and beneficial relationship with external stakeholders and counterparties with whom funds are placed.
• Oversee and continuously assess the performance of the Fund’s subsidiaries; ensuring that approved KPIs are met.
• Conduct investment risk profiling for new and existing investments ensuring that identified gaps and remedial measures are reported to Executive Management and the Board.
• Appraise and recommend new investment assets /vehicles for approval by the Chief Executive Officer and/or the Board.
• Regularly monitor and review the performance of the Fund’s investment portfolio and report same to executive management and the board.
• Provide leadership and build capacity of supervises via training and coaching.
• Perform any other lawful duties as may be directed. Qualification Required & Experience
• A First Degree in Accounting /Economics/ Banking & Finance or related subject. Professional qualification (ACCA, ICA, CIMA, CFA etc.) is an added advantage.
• Applicant should not be more than 45 years old. Experience / Professional Requirements
• Minimum of 8 years prior experience in a portfolio, lending and risk management role with at least 3 years at senior management role with at least 3 years at senior management level
• Good understanding of operations of financial services and mutual fund businesses will be desirable
• Knowledgeable in leading investment practices and laws that are relevant to the operations of pension / mutual fund businesses Technical skills
• Expertise in Microsoft Office tools like MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook is fundamental
• Moderately savvy in the use of technology applications and/ or Enterprise resource programme
• Strong technical knowledge in investment appraisal, risk profiling and reporting
• Sound knowledge of applicable process and control standards as well as regulatory requirements, policies and guidelines relating to mutual funds management. Specific Skills
• Have excellent communication, negotiation, leadership and collaboration skills
• Highly analytical, task oriented and able to think out of the box
• Possess good interpersonal and team management skills
• Possess solid skills in process review project management and report writing
• Have advanced decision making and problem solving skills
• Possess business acumen, knowledge and professionalism
• Planning and organsing Must demonstrate ability to:
• Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members
• Set and manage priorities
• Comprehend complex, operational issues
• Work with less or no supervision and meet deadlines Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants may submit soft copies of applications together with their curriculum vitae (including names and contact of three professional referees) and photocopies of educational certificates to: [email protected] Closing Date:
05 November, 2021