Legal Aid Commission, a reputable government institution, Invites interested persons to apply for the following position: Chief Legal Aid Officer JOB PURPOSE
To provide technical and administrative direction for the effective and efficient performance of the administrative functions of the Region. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides inputs for the formulation of policies.
• Ensures the efficient and effective management of the human, material and financial resources of the Region,
• Ensures the implementation of the programmes and activities of the Region.
• Ensures the development and implementation of guidelines, standards, processes and procedures for legal assistance for the realization of right to personal liberty, equality before the law and fair trial.
• Ensures the development of a system for participation of a paralegal in criminal justice delivery.
• Ensures the provision of legal assistance for juveniles.
• Ensures the provision of legal assistance for persons indicted for offences punishable by life imprisonment or death and who cannot afford the services of a lawyer.
• Oversees the implementation of the performance management system within the Region.
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget and work plan of the Region.
• Ensures the preparation of annual and other periodic reports for the Region.
• Supervises and appraises the performances of subordinate staff in the Region. Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Law from an accredited tertiary institution.
• Must have been called to the Ghana Bar.
• A minimum of ten (10) years post-Bachelor’s Degree relevant work experience, five (5) years of which must be in a senior management position.
• Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Public Services Commission in consultation with the Legal Aid Commission. COMPETENCIES
• Good research, analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of project and programmes management
• Ability to lead strategic management and change management
• Good leadership, management and networking
• Good monitoring and evaluation skills
• Technical and innovative skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Negotiation, lobbying and conflict management skills
• Ability to inspire and motivate
• Good knowledge of financial management laws and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of labour laws and regulations
• Good knowledge in relevant IT applications
• Excellent knowledge of Ghana’s legal system and its operation
• Excellent knowledge of international conventions and treaties on human rights and civil liberties
• Excellent knowledge of criminal justice system
• Proven integrity and good ethical standards
• Excellent report writing skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are to submit application letters with current CVs, including names and addresses of three referees and copies of certificates to: Head of Administration P. O. Box 18342 Accra.
All softcopies of applications, CVs and certificates should be sent to: [email protected] Closing Date:
19 August, 2022