CARE works in 87 countries around the world to support over 900 poverty-fighting development and emergency projects. Our Mission
To serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world Our Vision
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Chief of Party to support an anticipated five-year USAID-funded program to accelerate governance improvement and manage conflict in support of enhanced agricultural development in Ghana’s Northern, Upper East, and Upper West regions. It is expected to be a cooperative agreement of about $12 million USD to be awarded by November 2015. Job Summary
The Chief of Party is accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results. The successful candidate should possess significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USAID- or other international donor-funded project. This position will be based in Tamale. Key Responsibilities
• Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan.
• Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders.
• Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes. Create or adapt management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
• Build partnerships among international -, national- and community-level stakeholders
• Design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with USAID’s annual planning cycles
• With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans. Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement. Report against the project’s targets.
• Represent the project at high-level meetings, conferences, and other forum.
• Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
• Supervise and mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly communicate expectations for staff performance Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of Master’s degree in leadership, political science, or a relevant social science discipline.
• At least 10 years of progressively experience in the democracy and governance field, four of which must have been in a managerial or team leader capacity.
• Experience in the areas of decentralization and local governance and agriculture policy development and implementation. Knowledge of the structure of the decentralized department of agriculture; knowledge of civil society advocacy, capacity building, women's empowerment, and conflict resolution is strongly desired.
• Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized international donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning and thinking, management, supervision and budgeting, and experience managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
• Demonstrated skills building and maintaining relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
a) Experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
b) Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
• Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements. Experience with M&E is a plus.
• Regional and/or country knowledge is required.
• Fluency in English is required; knowledge of local languages is a plus.
• Ability to travel within Ghana as required. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:- [email protected] PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR. Closing Date:
09 October, 2015 OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY