Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded education project in Ghana. The project aims to increase public action to improve reading outcomes among students in KG-P3. It will work towards this through: (1) increasing public awareness of the importance of reading and the benefits of the government of Ghana's approach to literacy promotion; (2) supporting the implementation of evidence-based, context-appropriate activities to improve reading levels by a broad range of stakeholders; and (3) developing and implementing activities to engage parents and communities to support education. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Provide overall vision and strategy for the implementation and direction of all project activities
• Serve as the project's primary liaison with USAID, international and regional partners, and host-country government officials
• Act as primary liaison with the Chemonics Washington D.C. office in technical and managerial matters
• Supervise project technical and administrative staff, including the deputy chief of party and technical leads, ensuring staff are successfully managing project activities and operations
• Work with government counterparts in defining project activities and targets and ensure close collaboration
• Oversee annual project work planning and establish procedures to measure the project's progress against the work plan
• Ensure compliance with goals set in the contract and with USAID regulations and Chemonics policies and systems
• Conduct monthly and quarterly meetings and workshops with technical teams and participating organizations for coordination purposes
• Participate in regular project evaluations to assess progress and recommend solutions
• Represent the project at periodic meetings with stakeholders to report on planned activities and actions, including implementation status
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master's degree in education or relevant academic area required; Ph.D. preferred
• Minimum ten years of relevant management, supervisory, and technical experience with USAID or similar donor-funded programs of similar scope, including at least five years in a management or leadership position
• Minimum three years of experience in the education sector in Sub-Saharan Africa required; experience in West Africa or Ghana preferred
• Experience hiring and supervising host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure training necessary to meet program needs
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Fluency in English required
How To Apply For The Job
Send electronic submissions to:-
03 October, 2015
Please include "chief of party" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only "chief of party - education project" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
????Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.??