Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for appointment as CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER
in the University.
The appointment is a Senior Staff status and on full-time basis. . salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist the KNUST Security Command to:
• Plan, direct, oversee and coordinate security activities on campus.
• Supervise Security Officers in the performance of duties to ensure the security and safety of life and property on campus
• Organise training for Security Officers.
• Ensure the implementation and compliance of Security Policies, Procedures and Programmes.
• Organise Muster Parades for the Security Officers.
• liaise with local Security Agencies.
• Investigate security breaches and report on same to the Security Command.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A serving or an Ex-Military Officer not below the rank of a Warrant Officer or its equivalent in the Ghana Armed Forces.
• A minimum of a FIRST DEGREE from any recognised Tertiary Institution.
• Must have done all the relevant military courses commensurate to a Warrant Officer Rank, with Drill and Duties Course being an advantage
• Ability to operate with utmost discretion.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Should not be more than 45 years by January 2020.
Knowledge & Skills Requirement
• Very Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Very Good interpersonal skill,
• Very Good analytical skills, investigative skills and sound decision-making ability.
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a team and people
• Sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement.
• Duty-conscious and have capacity to manage crisis situations.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified and interested candidates may pick up Application Forms from the Office of the Deputy Registrar, Human Resources Development Division (Room 214),
Main Administration Block OR Apply online at:
Ten (10) copies of the completed Application Forms with Curriculum Vitae, two (2) Referee Report, and photocopies of relevant Certificates should be submitted to the Deputy Registrar, HRD, not later than Friday, 7. March, 2020.
07 March, 2020