AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as CIC Technician - Pastefill.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The CIC Technician – Pastefill is accountable for all Control, Instrumentation and Communication (CIC) maintenance and shift duties at the Pastefill Plant and Surface CIC infrastructure through strict adherence to Engineering Maintenance Standards and the Company policies and procedures.
• Accept personal responsibility for his/her own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
• Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulation
• Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
• Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of assigned job
• Must correct, or report to supervisor any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well as make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management
• Must correct, or report to the CIC Supervisor, any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management.
• Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding CIC work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
• Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required
• Execute CIC refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked - compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
• Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
• Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
• Recognize any machine, equipment or crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
• Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
• Execute work in a timely manner
• Carry out work cost effectively
• Operate all equipment within the safe working environment.
• Stop equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technician Certificate Part II or equivalent
• Certificate of successful completion of respected electronic/computer trade apprenticeship
• Three (3) years of experience as a CIC technician
• Knowledge in Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
• Knowledge in troubleshooting faults in control, instrumentation and communication systems
• Experience in Maintenance/operating Machinery and Fixed Plants
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
07 November, 2022