CLINIC MATRON Reporting to:
MEDICAL DIRECTOR Department:
CLINIC Job Purpose
• The Job holder will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Clinic and formulating work schedules, assigning duties for each nurse in a shift and making sure they are adequately trained for their assignments. Your Essential Function will be;
• Ensure that patients are cared for in a clean and safe environment.
• You will perform basic nursing duties which include monitoring vital signs, giving medication and changing wound dressings.
• Create the monthly schedule for nursing staff.
• Ensuring that all medical records are securely kept and accurately updated.
• Ensuring that ward areas and patient’s rooms are in hygienic and comfortable state.
• You will do ward rounds with physicians and observe instruction with regard to treatment of care alterations.
• You will order drugs, solutions and equipment for patient care;
• You will monitor intake of medications and inform physicians about treatment changes
• You will read patient records, shift reports and treatment records.
• You will be an arbiter of any conflict amongst staff members to resolve issues judiciously.
• Ensure that all nursing staff are fully trained and are capable of their duties and update new nursing practices and also be able to hear and manage patient complaints appropriately. Qualification Required & Experience Required Professional Experience/Qualification
• Minimum of 3 years working experience as a Clinic Matron
• Minimum SRN Certificate from a recognized institution Nursing Institution
• Certification from the Nursing & Midwives Council Additional Requirements
• Must possess professional demeanor
• Have the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Must possess strong communication skills
• Must have a courteous Attitude
• Understanding of medical terminology and calculations
• Knowledge of brand and generic names of medication
• Strong sense of personal and team accountability
• Ability to think and plan strategically, tactically and creatively work schedules
• Proven ability to solve complex problems by developing and successfully implementing practical and workable solutions.
• Must be an excellent communicator, have good negotiating skills and wise judgment
• Must also process good administrative skills. Deliverables
• Monthly Report, outlining productivity, personnel training, operations and challenges (if any)
• Monthly Supply/Procurement Report Location:
Spintex Road, Accra How To Apply For The Job
Address to forward Applications Kindly forward your application and curriculum vitae to: [email protected] Closing Date:
02 January, 2021