MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over Thirty-Seven (37) countries worldwide.
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancy for passion driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with the relevant qualification/s and experience to occupy the vacancy: Clinical Quality Advisor (Western, Eastern And Northern)
Length of contract:
One (1) year contract.
The Clinical Quality Advisor will be primarily responsible for providing supportive clinical quality supervision and focused clinical trainings in all service delivery channels in the assigned region of work. He/she will be part of the Medical Development Team (MDT) to ensure that client-centred services are delivered in accordance with MSI clinical quality standards.
The role will be based in an MSIG operational region with travel to service delivery points in support of quality assurance through monitoring, mentoring and clinical training of Bluestar Franchisees, MS Ladies, MSI Centre Teams, Outreach Teams and Public Sector Strengthening Teams. The role reports to the Clinical Quality Manager and Regional Manager in the region of operation.
• Lead and deliver the MSIG quality assurance goals and become MDT focal person for clinical supervision in the region.
• Conduct internal clinical supervision at various MSIG service delivery channels in the region. Support development of action plans in response to these visits and ensuring these are implemented
• Lead the delivery of MSIG capacity building goals in the region with support from Senior Management Team and Regional Manager
• Work with the Regional Managers, service providers, stores and medical logistics teams to ensure availability of high quality products, supplies and equipment for clinical service provision at all times
• Ensure appropriate management of clinical and product-related incidents at all service delivery sites in the region.
• Provide proper use of available information systems in MSIG to facilitate quality assurance & trainings
• Ensure that clinical training needs assessment and competency certification are regularly done for all service providers in the region.
• Collate information/data on quality assurance and trainings done in the region and share appropriately
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a recognised clinical qualification in Midwifery or Medicine.
• Must possess a First Degree in a related discipline
• Must have a Master’s Degree in Public Health/Reproductive Health or Health Education will be an added advantage
• Must be registered with a recognised local clinical professional body in Ghana and of good Standing
• Must have requisite experience in quality assurance, training and competency in service delivery to work with minimum supervision
• Must be computer literate to prepare and present training slides and write training reports
• At least five (5) years of post-graduation experience in Midwifery position with minimum of five (5) years practical experience in supportive clinical supervision in Sexual and Reproductive Health [ESSENTIAL]
• Ability to give honest, contractive and challenging feedback to people
• Multi-skilled and excellent provider-client interaction skills including counselling
• Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels –government, franchisees, donor and community
• Passionate about maternal health, inspires confidence in RHS clients and maintains confidentiality.
• Knowledge of health delivery system in Ghana, articulate and analytical with attention to detail
• Good team player, results oriented and attention to details
• Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
• Must be pro-choice and passionate about maternal health
Western, Eastern And Northern
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications addressed to:
Director - Human Resource, Organisation and Admin
Marie Stopes Int. Ghana
PMB 267, Accra
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
This is a local position. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
• Females are encouraged to apply
• Please label application and email with the exact job title and location if indicated.
• Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
06 March, 2020