NGO / International Agencies
Job Vacancy For (CLTS) Field Monitors (17 Positions Available) At USAID-RING (Northern Region)
USAID-RING would like to recruit 17 CLTS (Community Led Total Sanitation) field monitors. The Resiliency in Northern Ghana Project (RING) Project is a USAID-funded nutrition and poverty reduction program currently implemented in 17 Metropolitan, Municipal and Districts Assemblies of the Northern Region. RING works through the Northern Regional Coordinating Council (NRCC), District Assemblies (DAs) and their substructures to deliver livelihoods, agriculture, nutrition, WASH and good governance services to vulnerable families.
The project intends to apply part of its funding to procure services of temporal staff (short term contract) to be placed in the implementing districts to support CLTS (Community Led Total Sanitation) efforts.
The assignment involves the implementation of CLTS activities in the assigned districts. One person will be assigned to a district to work with the district CLTS facilitation team to accelerate CLTS implementation. The detailed nature of work to be performed under this assignment is as stated in the scope of work below.
Objective of the assignment
The objective of the assignment is to provide the districts with additional independent human resources to accelerate CLTS implementation in the beneficiary communities.
Scope of work for CLTS task force
The assignment will be carried out in the following districts: Chereponi, Central Gonja, East Gonja, East Mamprusi, Gushegu, Karaga, Kpandai, Kunbungu, Nanumba North, Nanumba South, North Gonja, Saboba, Sagnarigu, Savelugu, Tamale Metro, Tolon and West Gonja districts
CLTS task force members are required to perform the following tasks:
• Support district in gathering baseline data for CLTS triggering
• Support district facilitation teams in triggering activities
• Independently trigger communities
• Conduct CLTS monitoring with DEHSU
• Monitoring to ensure household latrines & soak away construction and installation of hand washing stations
• Undertake house-to-house sensitizations on hygiene and sanitation issues
• Collect and transmit CLTS data to RING and the DEHSU district assemblies
• Provide weekly updates on CLTS activities to RING
• Write monthly narrative reports on CLTS implementation
• Participate in community self-assessment and district verification processes
• Support DA during ODF certification process
As evidence of performance of duties, and for which payment of salaries or remuneration will be based, the CLTS task force members will be required to deliver the following:
• Monthly work plan, which will be reviewed and approved by RING WASH team
• Triggered communities in the districts
• Weekly updates on CLTS implementation in targeted communities
• Weekly updates on CLTS data (number of latrines constructed, number in use, number of tippy tabs constructed, number soak ways constructed)
• Monthly narrative reports, indicating communities visited, number of visits and the activities undertaken including identification of challenges and recommendations for corrective measures
• Community self-assessment reports and district ODF verification reports
Qualification Required & Experience
Qualification, experience and skills of CLTS task force members
Eligible candidates must have the following:
• Certificate or Diploma a in relevant discipline (environmental studies, public health, development studies)
• 3 years of relevant working experience
• Be able to communicate effectively in one of the following languages; Dagbani, Gonja, Mampruli, Kokomba (Likpakpal), and Chokosi (Anufo)
• Be able to ride a motorbike and have rider’s license
• Own or have access to a reliable motorbike. Fuel and maintenance cost will be reimbursed monthly
• Basic knowledge in MS office applications
• Be willing to stay and work in any one of the above-mentioned districts.
Duration of assignment
The assignment is a short term contract for a fix term of 6 months. The contract will start in December 2015 and end in May 2016.
Location: Chereponi, Central Gonja, East Gonja, East Mamprusi, Gushegu, Karaga, Kpandai, Kunbungu, Nanumba North, Nanumba South, North Gonja, Saboba, Sagnarigu, Savelugu, Tamale Metro, Tolon and West Gonja districts
How To Apply For The Job
Interest candidates shall send their applications (motivation letter and resume) via e-mail to:
Closing Date: 23 November, 2015