• The College Accountant is responsible for the operation of the Accounts Office, including all bookkeeping and accounts functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Document financial transactions of various types by entering account information data
• Analyses accounting options and suggest financial actions.
• Summaries financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss account, account statement and other accounting reports.
• Ensure accounting controls by suggesting procedures and policies
• Guide accounting clerical staff by answering relevant questions and coordinating activities.
• Secure sensitive financial information by completing database backups
• Prepare payment by requesting disbursements and verifying documentation.
• Help in the preparation of the College’s budget and ensure budgetary control.
Qualification Required & Experience
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
• Candidate must possess a good first degree in Accounting
• Must in addition be a Chartered Accountant/member of a recognized professional Accounting/Auditing body (ICA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA).
• The possession of a Master’s degree in Accounting will be an added advantage.
• Must have at least three (3) years post-qualification relevant experience in a reputable organization.
• Must have excellent managerial and leadership skills
• Must be highly motivated person
• Must be a team player
• Must have a high level of integrity
• Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Must have good written and communication skills
• Customer service performance and efficiency of the College
Reports directly to the Rector of the College
How To Apply For The Job
Applications with the subject heading of preferred position should be emailed to:
with cover letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates and documents.
14 June, 2019
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.