St. Francis College of Education, Hohoe, is a renowned public Catholic Teacher Education institution affiliated to the University of Cape Coast as part of the teacher education reform.
The College Internal Auditor shall:
• Be the Head of the Internal Audit Unit of the College and provide independent, objective and consulting services designed to add value and improve the College’s operations and provide a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve risk management, control, and governance processes of the College.
• Determine the reliability and adequacy of accounting, financial and operational controls in the College and monitor compliance with established policies, plans and procedures to ensure that the internal auditing system of the College is efficient and effective.
• Exercise pro0fessional and administrative supervision over staff under the Internal Audit Unit.
• Evaluate the procedures of the College to determine whether results are consistent with the stated objectives and goals, assess the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded against losses and appraise the performance of those carrying out assigned responsibilities.
• Ensure that reliable records form the basis for the preparation of appropriate financial and other data provided for decision-making.
• Draw the Principal’s attention to deficiencies in the system with recommendations for remedies where necessary.
• In accordance with the Internal Audit Act 2003 (Act 658) and in conformity with standards and procedures, carry out periodic internal audit of the College and submit reports to the College Council and the Audit Agency.
Qualification Required & Experience
The candidate must:
• Have Good Character and a High Degree of Personal and Professional Integrity with Leadership Skills.
• Hold a Master’s Degree and a Professional qualification in a relevant field.
• Have served as a Deputy Internal Auditor in a tertiary institution or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least four (4) years.
• Possess strong IT skills and be familiar with relevant accounting software.
• Be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of Sixty (60) years.
Salary and Conditions attached to the above positions are attractive and in accordance with the approved Harmonised Conditions of Service for Colleges of Education.
Hohoe, Volta Region
How To Apply For The Job
For all the advertised positions prospective candidates are requested to submit an application letter together with the following:
• Six (6) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae together with relevant supporting documents, including names and addresses of three (3) referees.
• At least a two (2) page vision statement for the College in relation to the relevant position.
ST. FRANCIS COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
P. O. BOX 100
HOHOE, VOLTA REGION
Soft copies must be forwarded to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
26 June, 2020
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Issued by the Governing Council of the College.