Enchi College of Education
Education / Training
Job Vacancy For College Librarian
The College Librarian at Enchi College of Education provides leadership in advancing the College's teaching and research mission through a clear vision of the library's role, comprehensive strategic planning, incorporation of emerging technology, sound fiscal management and engagement of all members in the college community.
He/ she has overall responsibility for library, research and information needs of the college community. Specifically, the College Librarian's duties shall include:
• Drawing up and monitoring the implementation of College Library Strategic Plan;
• Directing and coordinating the components of the library i.e. staff, services, collections and external relations;
• Establishing and maintaining procedures, policies and systems that make for efficient library operation;
• Planning, organising, coordinating and measuring the work activities of all library personnel;
• Representing the library in contacts with Administration and Committees of the College; and
• Collaboration with the relevant and appropriate institutional libraries and organisations within and outside the country in order to keep up with development trends and attain exposure to developed systems.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must possess postgraduate degree in a library and information-related field. Applicant must have served as Deputy Librarian in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years.
Terms of Appointment
The College Librarian shall hold the office for four (4) years on first appointment and may, on application by himself/herself, be re-appointed for a further term of four (4) years only, provided that no part of the second term enters his/her compulsory retirement age.
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons applying for any of the above positions should attach the under-listed to their application letters.
• Seven (7) certified copies of updated Curriculum Vitae (C.V)
• Seven (7) certified copies of all relevant certificates (the originals shall be inspected at the interview of shortlisted candidates)
• Sealed letters of recommendation from two (2) referees
• Seven (7) copies of two-page type-written statement of how the performance of their roles would support the Principal to achieve the College's vision.
All applications for any of the positions should reach the address below riot later than 31st December, 2020.
The Search Committee
C/O The Dean,
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Education
College of Education Studies
University of Cape Coast
Closing Date: 31 December, 2020