The Evangelical Presbyterian (E.P.) College of Education, Amedzofe is a renowned public teacher educational institution in the Volta Region of Ghana and affiliated to the University of Ghana, Legon, under the new teacher education reform.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the College Secretary position at the College.
The Position/Job Description
The College Secretary is the head of the office of the College Secretariat. He/she is the Chief Administrative officer of the College and reports to the Principal.
The College Secretary shall:
• Assist thePrincipal in the day-to-day administration and management of the College;
• Be in-charge of all administration, secretarial and personnel matters of the College;
• Be the secretary to the College Council, all committee of Council as well as statutory committees of the College;
• Ensure the functioning of all Boards and standing committees of the College and be responsible for the co-ordination of the College's strategic planning, policy formulation and implementation; and
• Perform any other official function as may be assigned by the Governing Council or delegated by the Principal.
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must:
• Hold a good first degree and a minimum of master's degree, preferably in Administration and Management related field;
• Have served as a Deputy College Secretary in a College of Education or Senior Assistant Registrar in a tertiary institution or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years;
• Be capable of planning, organizing, implementing, and administratively managing all activities related to the office of the College Secretary;
• Have proven emotional stability and integrity;
• Have considerable knowledge, experience and understanding of the tertiary education structures and environment in general;
• Should be able to develop implementation strategies
• to achieve the mission and vision of the College;
• Be capable of working effectively under pressure to meet deadlines;
• Have strong intellect and proven emotional stability and integrity;
• Be a computer literate; and
• Be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Salary and conditions attached to the above positions are attractive and in accordance with the approved Harmonised Conditions of Service for Colleges of Education.
How To Apply For The Job
Prospective candidates should submit applications with the following:
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae
• copies of educational and other professional certificates
• a cover letter
• names and addresses of three referees
• Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit sealed reports on them directly to the address below.
• Six (6) copies (sets) of the application dossier must be submitted in hard copies.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted in both hard and soft copies. Applications should be marked with the position applying for and addressed to:
E.P College of Education, Amedzofe
P.O.Box AM 12
Amedzofe - V/R
25 March, 2020