St. Francis College of Education, Hohoe, is a renowned public Catholic Teacher Education institution affiliated to the University of Cape Coast as part of the teacher education reform.
The College Vice Principal shall:
• Assist the Principal of the College, who serves as the executive head, in the overall management, administration, academic and disciplinary issues of the College in accordance with the Colleges of Education Act, 2012 (Act 847) and other regulatory provisions governing Colleges of Education and in relation to the oversight responsibility of the Governing Council of the College.
• Perform the functions assigned by the Principal of the College.
• Act in the absence of the Principal of the College.
Qualification Required & Experience
The candidate must:
• Have good character and a high degree of personal integrity and proven leadership skills.
• Possess relevant researched Master’s degree in addition to a recognized qualification in teacher education not below a Diploma. A Ph.D degree will be an added advantage.
• Rank not below Principal Tutor in a College of Education or its comparable grade in other tertiary institution or similar institution/organization.
• Be a distinguished master teacher and scholar with post qualification experience in teaching, learning and research in tertiary institution.
• Have at least five (5) years relevant post qualification experience in a senior management position, with good knowledge and understanding of the challenges facing the Colleges of Education in particular and tertiary education in Ghana in general.
• Be able to complete at least one term of three (3) years before attaining the compulsory retiring age of Sixty (60) years.
Hohoe, Volta Region
How To Apply For The Job
For all the advertised positions prospective candidates are requested to submit an application letter together with the following:
• Six (6) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae together with relevant supporting documents, including names and addresses of three (3) referees.
• At least a two (2) page vision statement for the College in relation to the relevant position.
• The application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for – the interested position, of St. Francis College of Education, Hohoe”
• Closing Date: Applications for each of the positions should reach the following addresses in both hard copy (six copies) and soft copy not later than Thursday, 22nd August, 2019.
ST. FRANCIS COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
P. O. BOX 100
HOHOE, VOLTA REGION
Soft copies must be forwarded to:
22 August, 2019
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Issued by the Governing Council of the College.