We are looking for a professional and experienced individual as a Communications and Engagement officer for our company in Accra. Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Create content strategies for the company.
• Write creative and unique content as well as come up with innovative ideas.
• Develop literature and promotional material to market the company and its services and ensure that it is distributed effectively to targeted audiences, including all social media platforms.
• Utilise appropriate and available communication channels to ensure key messages reach target audiences at agreed intervals, in line with corporate guidelines.
• Work in a proactive and positive way to promote the company and its services.
• Plan, organise and manage marketing campaigns, promotional events and projects from conception through to completion, in line with agreed requirements and corporate brand guidelines.
• Work proactively to implement the company’s Communications and Engagement Strategy to support the delivery of key business objectives.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with customers, colleagues, partners and external agencies, such as educational institutions, financial institutions, support agencies, charities and volunteer groups.
• Give presentations and talks to groups and agencies about the company’s services.
• Produce internal communications and briefings to deliver key messages and updates on the company’s services.
• Ensure that the company’s corporate style is used consistently when producing marketing material.
• Ensure that the content of the company’s website is accurate and up to date by
regularly reviewing webpages and working with other team members to co-ordinate updates when required.
• Proactively use social media, ensuring that it is used to promote the company’s projects positively.
• Keep accurate records, produce reports and provide statistical data for analysis and performance management purposes.
• Attend meetings and events as required out of normal office hours.
• Be committed to providing excellent customer service.
• Follow all SEO practices while producing content.
• Rewrite old content from the company’s website to give it a fresh touch.
• Proofread content written by content creators, content writers, and other members of the company.
• Produce well-researched content for publication online and in print.
• Utilize industry best practices and familiarity with the company's mission to inspire ideas and content.
• Use search engine optimization strategies in writing, to maximize the online visibility of our websites.
• Stay up to date with various methods to create engaging and attractive content. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Mass Communication, or related field.
• Professional working experience as a Communications strategist, communications & Engagement officer, Content Developer, Content Strategist, Content Creator, or a similar position.
• Proven record of excellent writing, demonstrated in a professional portfolio
• Strong understanding of HTML and CSS.
• Working experience in Copywriting or Graphic Designing will be an advantage.
• Exceptional knowledge of SEO Principles.
• Phenomenal research skills.
• Amazing written and verbal communication skills.
• Outstanding problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Outstanding presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management.
• Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously.
• Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary.
• Proficiency with computers, especially writing programmes, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with each client's requirements and the company's brand image, products, and services. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should forward their CVs and cover letters to: [email protected] Closing Date:
20 February, 2022
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.