Tropenbos Ghana (TBG), a forest and environmental NGO, is looking for a Communications Officer for immediate appointment to assist in the overall planning and execution of its communication programme. The officer shall perform the following tasks: Responsibilities of the Communication Officer Management of key TBG communications, outreach and project documents
• Develop and implement the corporate communication strategy and annual work
• Lead the development, production and distribution of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials (e.g. newsletters, brochures, info sheets, policy briefs, posters, etc) of TBG projects.
• Support the planning, organising and facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes.
• Develop and publish success stories (outcome and impacts) of projects from the held for communication to primary and secondary audiences Planning of TBG Programmes
• Support the organisation of events by TBG and its partners (e.g. trainings, meetings and durbars) and produce reports related to the primary objectives.
• Undertake field visits, support survey/research and document best practices and lessons learned for each
• Assist In fundraising and development of project
• Support behavioural change campaigns related to natural resources in targeted communities where TBG work. Creation of Information, Documents and Data Management
• Create and manage systems for storage and retrieval of programme information, project documents and reports.
• Support writing and editing of TBG documents, project reports to meet Corporite branding requirements.
• Collate monthly summary reports from TBG project coordinators and other officers for sharing with all staff and relevant partners.
• Support the management of corporate website and social media pages (including updating content, writing and posting articles and news items)
Other Duties as may be Assigned Qualification Required & Experience Required Qualifications
• Purpose-driven individual with excellent communication skills and strong interest in natural resources management, including governance and climate change.
• Experience in development communication, public relations, media campaigns, environmental journalism.
• Extensive experience in report writing (especially development of success stories) and development of IEC materials.
• Bachelor of Science or preferably MA or MSc in Communication, Journalism, Social Sciences, with a working knowledge of Natural Resource or Environmental
• A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in similar tasks.
• Excellent writing skills and proven ability to produce quality results.
• Proficient user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet; other computer application skills will be added advantage (e.g. web-based management systems).
• Fluent in speaking, reading and writing of English Language and Twi Language.
• Familiarity with International development donor rules and regulations Is a plus.
• Familiarity with landscape management, environmental and forest governance, biodiversity conservation, climate change and international cooperation. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements and will be available for immediate appointment may send I cover letter and CV (as one PDF file) to: [email protected] Closing Date:
03 April, 2020