Tropenbos International Ghana (TBI Ghana), a forestry-oriented NGO, is looking for a Communication Officer for immediate appointment to assist in the overall planning and execution of its communication programme. Under the direct supervision of the Programme Director, the Communication Officer will develop, coordinate, and implement the TBI Ghana communication strategy and annual work plans to deliver high quality outputs for the dissemination of results of the Programme to target audiences. The officer shall perform the following tasks:
• Develop and implement the corporate communication strategy and annual work plans;
• Manage corporate information flow, both internal and external, including the media;
• Develop communication tools (info sheets, policy briefs, newsletters, posters, etc) for the dissemination of TBI Ghana projects results;
• Promote TBI Ghana by writing news items, developing corporate brochures and paraphernalia;
• Write , edit and prepare documents for publishing, including design and layout;
• Support the planning, organizing and facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes;
• Manage the corporate web pages (writing and posting articles and news items on website);
• Create and manage systems for storage and retrieval of programme information;
• Assist in fundraising and development of project proposal. Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree (MA, or MSc) in communication, journalism, or relevant social sciences, with a working knowledge of natural resource or environmental management.
• A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in similar tasks or environmental journalism.
• Excellent writing skills and proven ability to produce quality results.
• Knowledge of computer applications such as MS Office and web-based management systems.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Superior network, a real team player and ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
• Excellent command of English language (written and spoken) Location:
Kumasi How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates who will be available for immediate appointment may send their applications marked "Communication Officer
" with supporting resume, reliable contact details, and three referees to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
26 July, 2013