ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid International is looking to employ experienced and self- motivated individuals to fill the positions of Communications and Administrative Officer.
Communications/Administrative Officer (CSO-RISE – Civil Society Organisations in Research and Innovation for Sustainable Development)
Programmes, Innovations & Campaigns
Reports directly to:
Project Manager with matrix relationship to HR/Admin Manager, Communications &PR Manager
• (State major reason for the position)The role is responsible for providing communications and administrative support to the CSO-RISE project in line with EC procurement and visibility requirements.
• The role will also manage all social media activities and engagements of the project.
Key Responsibilities: (List the major responsibilities the job holder is expected to perform)
• Write impactful and page-turning stories for publication in AAG’s newsletters, fliers, and other communication materials for advocacy and campaign work.
• Assist in the development and implementation of a communications strategy to guide the project’s operations.
• Edit articles, change stories and press releases for publication on the Project.
• Provide support for photography and video recording of the Project’s event launches and project visits.
• Support with the development and editing of annual reports and research materials of the project to meet AAG’s publishing guidelines and acceptable professional standards.
• Monitor the Project’s interventions on internet portals and blogs.
• Organise coverage for the Project’s events in the media and assist with identifying opportunities for consistent media coverage and strategic media engagements.
• Support and provide contents to AAG Communications Managerto regularly update AAG’s social media accounts – Twitter and Facebook – with current, fresh and engaging contents about the Project.
• Develop a matrix for effective media monitoring and update of media contacts, and support to forge closer partnership with the media for greater project visibility.
• Support with writing media statements and selling media stories to AAG’s key media houses and scout for new contacts.
• Provide communication support to the project implementing regions to develop information and communication materials for advocacy.
• Monitor, organise and file cuttings of AAG stories and related project reports from newspapers.
Qualification Required & Experience
• 1st Degree in Communications Studies / Management Studies/ Business Administration
• +3 years work experience
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• Knowledge of Logistics and Assets management principles
• Knowledge of Computer skills
• Knowledge of Events management concepts
• Knowledge of Travels management procedures
• Website and social media management
• Contracts management and photography
• Relationship Management
• Good communication skills
• Quality report writing skills
PERSONALITY (State core personal attributes required for successful execution of the job)
• Detail Orientation
• Risk Orientation
• Reaction time
• Team player
• Quality of output
Accra, Greater Accra with regular travels to Northern, Upper East, Upper West, Savana and North East Regions.
How To Apply For The Job
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Click Here To Download Application Forms
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
31 May, 2019
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”