WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
It's hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet - around one in three of the world's population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Communications & Media Manager to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030. Working within the Ghana Team, the Communications & Media Manager will:
• Plan and support the delivery of a wide range of news, information, features and multimedia coverage of WaterAid Ghana's work for internal and external use
• Work with communication and media colleagues globally to develop and execute work including the provision of communication and media materials
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with relevant journalists, broadcasters and commentators in the local, national and international media and widen interest in WAG's work
• Monitor and evaluate communications and media coverage with metrics and measurement tools to analyse the impact of social media and digital content activities.
• Maintain constant visibility and media presence for WAG programmes and activities Qualification Required & Experience To be successful, you'll need:
• Master's degree in Media Communications, or relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Extensive experience working in a communications and media role, including the production of a variety of content and materials for different media
• Knowledge of International Development and Fundraising Salary: GHS98,959-152,470
pa with excellent benefits Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV to: [email protected]
using Application for Communications & Media Manager as the subject of the email. Closing Date:
26 February, 2021
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Ghana.