The Fisheries Committee for the West Central Gulf of Guinea (FCWC), an inter-governmental organisation whose objective is to promote regional cooperation to ensure sustainable development of the fisheries resources of the six member countries: Benin, Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana. Liberia. Nigeria and Togo, is looking to appoint a Communications Officer to work in the FCWC offices in Tema, Ghana. This is a new position working mainly to provide services to a West Africa Task Force made up of the six countries of the FCWC, as well as to provide general communications support to FCWC.
This role is being introduced to support the West Africa Task Force (W ATF), a three-year NORAD funded project implemented in partnership with Trygg Matt Tracking (TMT), with technical support from NFDS and Stop Illegal Fishing (SIF). The Communications Officer will be working closely with all of these organisations and also contribute to the wider work of the FCWC. General scope of the Job:
• Establish and operate the communications department of the FCWC, including the development of a communications strategy
• Develop a targeted communications strategy and implementation plan for the WATF and lead the implementation of this plan
• Develop communications materials- flyers. photos gallery for all meetings, including contribution to the organisation of Task Force workshops and meetings as required
• Coordinate regular digital and print content - create email newsletters, website and social media contents. manage stock and distribution of print materials
• Monitor activity in national. regional and international news media, digital channels and social media mainly on issues related to the fisheries sector. development and produce reports
• Circulate press roundups. guidance documents, and project communication, write and disseminate press releases .
• Organise and manage press events, source images and clear permission for their use
• Develop corporate network with national, regional and international news media
• Oversee the design and production of promotional material and website improvement Other Considerations:
• Applicant is invited to make a financial (minimum and maximum) proposal for his monthly salary Qualification Required & Experience
• Graduate level communications/public relations/journalism qualification.
• Minimum 12 months of experience of working in a communications environment
• Fluent in written and spoken French and English
• Strong relationship management skills team player
• Self-motivated with strong time management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
• Knowledge of various communications channels and techniques, particularly digital and social media Location:
Tema How To Apply For The Job
Applications should be sent to FCWC Secretariat at the following address: [email protected]
with copy to: [email protected] Closing Date:
28 September, 2015