The Local Governance and Decentralization Program (LOGODEP) is a three year USAID-funded program with a mandate to cover all 17 Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) in Ghana’s Western Region. Our work is underpinned by USAID/Ghana’s Strategic Objective 5, “Strengthened Democratic and Decentralized Governance through Civic Involvement.”
LOGODEP is being implemented by MSI, an international development consultancy company based in Washington, DC, in collaboration with SNV, a Dutch development organization with strong presence and experience in Ghana.
We work in 5 MMDAs to: (a) expand public participation in local governance; (b) support targeted districts to increase the amount of funds they generate internally; and (c) achieve comprehensive development planning for local districts.
This is a fixed contract up to 31st August 2013 and renewable yearly; ending August 2015. Role
• The communication officer will lead outreach to all LOGODEP stakeholders to ensure our activities are properly promoted and communicated.
• He/she will be responsible for the management and implementation of LOGODEP’s programs. Primary responsibilities
The Communications Officer will coordinate the promotion of public image of LOGODEP’s activities which may include the publication of news and press releases, brochures and/or related materials. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in Communications, Community Outreach, Public Relations and/or a related field
• University degree required, Masters degree preferred
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
• Experience working with Government of Ghana officials, Civil Society Organizations and Community Based Organizations
• Experience working with USAID and/or its development partners
• Experience utilizing social media tools and managing online content
• Ability to communicate well in Akan preferred.
• Must work well under pressure and generally outgoing and comfortable meeting new people. Due to the nature of the work he/she must be accurate, flexible, enthusiastic, and responsible. Location:
Takoradi How To Apply For The Job
Detailed job profile is available upon request from LOGODEP office Takoradi (PLOT No 42 Airport Ridge) or please email: [email protected]
Typed applications with CV, and details of three referees to reach the LOGODEP Program Management Unit by 11th July, 2013, addressed to [email protected]
, or to MSI, DTD PLT 42, Airport Ridge, Takoradi. Closing Date:
11 July, 2013
• The right not to make an appointment is reserved.
• Interviews will be held in Takoradi in July.