The Government of the Republic of Ghana has received funding from the World Bank toward the cost of the eTransform Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the recruitment of Project Implementation Unit (PIU) staff.
The overall Project Development Objective of the eTransform Project is to improve the efficiency and coverage of government service delivery using Information Communication Technologies (ICT).The principal outputs are: (a) Enabling environment for electronic government and business; (b) foxmdational systems for electronic identification to promote electronic service delivery and social inclusion; (c) scaling up of ICT applications and services to improve services in priority sectors in Ghana and (d) effective project management.
The Communications Specialist who will be part of the PIU of the eTransform Project of the Ministry of Communications (MoC), will assist in providing leadership in designing and implementing an effective communications strategy to sustain project activities; coordinate development across disparate government agencies, partners, and stakeholders; showcase progress; assure a high level of transparency and access to information; provide avenues for feedback between government and stakeholders; and mobilise support and appreciation for the various reforms and The Communications Specialist will undertake, inter alia, the following tasks:
• Develop a Communications Strategy and Work Plan for the project;
• Inform and educate relevant stakeholders about the eTransform Project;
• Co-ordinate the different government communications efforts on the project;
• Collect feedback and integrate with project implementation; and
• Build consensus and rally support for the project. Qualification Required & Experience
The prospective candidate should have as a minimum:
• A Bachelor's or higher degree in communications, social sciences or related field.
• 8 or more years of post-qualification experience in public communications
• Experience in handling, managing or overseeing public communications under international donor funded projects will be an advantage. Must demonstrate the following key qualities:
• Solid understanding of communication tools, mechanisms, and channels, including online (portals, newsgroups, email, and text), print (newspaper,books, magazines), social media (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, WhatsApp), multimedia (radio, television), and others.
• Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing), speak persuasively, express complex issues in simple terms and present ideas clearly and concisely
• Knowledge of/experience with World Bank basic fiduciary procedures desirable Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
• The Ministry of Communications now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
• Individual Consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, (revised July 2014). Interested Individuals may obtain further information at the address below from Monday to Friday between 9:00a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
• Expressions of Interest may be hand delivered or sent by email to the address below by 4:00 p.m. (local time) on or before the June 12,2015. Chief Director
Room 16, First Floor Ministry of Communications
Ministerial Enclave, Accra
Attention: Project Coordinator eTransform Project
Tel:+233 302 685606
Email: [email protected] Closing Date:
12 June, 2015