World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. Job Summary
Leads the execution of Community Action Plans development process at community level to enable communities differentiate between safe and age appropriate work by children and child labor that is hazardous in agriculture sector. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of five years experience in a leadership position working in the context of CAPs or community organization.
• Experience designing and implementing community development projects to address poverty, including projects relating to rural development, livelihood promotion, and increased agricultural production.
• Understanding of youth unemployment and child labor in the context of agriculture, preferably the cocoa sector.
• Experience working with community level and district governments, civil society organizations, employer associations, unions, cooperatives, and communities in Sub-Saharan Africa and preferably in Ghana.
• Experience using pedagogical principals at the community level.
• Proficiency in English and an Akan language is preferred. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV quoting only the Job Position in the subject line to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
06 August, 2015 As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.