Serendipalm Co. Ltd. operates Ghana’s only palm oil commercial project with small holders and a “traditional” village-based oil mill. The project supplies several brands in Europe and the U.S., is organic and fair trade certified and has a positive impact on rural development in the Eastern Region. Responsibilities
• Planning and executing routine inspections, maintenance and repairs of mechanical and electrical systems of processing equipment (expellers, steamers, clarifiers, pumps,) and agricultural equipment (tractors, trailers, vacuum trucks).
• Support company management in the planning of mill expansion
• Cooperate with project electrician on improvement of electrical systems, (switchgear, and backup generator).
• Ensure that equipment is fit for purpose and meets health and safety requirements. Serendipalm Offers:
• A secure job with opportunities for growth
• Performance-based competitive compensation and benefits
• A very collegial and constructive working environment
• Management support of training to enhance job skills and experience
• New workshop in planning phase
• References will be required Qualification Required & Experience
• Self-driven, motivated, team-oriented and able to communicate and work with colleagues in a productive and open style
• Proven multi-year experience with mechanical work on combustion and electrical engines and equipment.
• Experience with gas and electrical welding, grinding, cutting, soldering and ability to use tools in a professional and safe way.
• Ability to analyze a problem and select practical solutions.
• Ability to read and understand manufacturers’ manuals and other written instructions.
• Excellent written and spoken communication and a proactive approach to effective communication in Twi and English are a must.
• Know when to bring in and how to find outside expertise.
• Willingness to train other members in the maintenance team.
• Embraces the need to maintain a clean, safe and organized working environment
• Willingness to relocate full time to Asuom, Eastern Region
• Basic computer skills (email, MS Officeexcel)
• Motivated to work on commercial projects with a strong social mission
• a talent for operations scheduling and networking to repair things on time
• reliable, calm, safe and deligent working moral
• will to study further in technical areas if necessary Additional plusses
• A network of suppliers of parts and services in Accra, and Kumasi and other areas where parts are readily available. Location:
Asuom, Eastern Region How To Apply For The Job
Apply by: sending your CV and application letter to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
15 July, 2015