The U.S. Mission in Accra, Ghana is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of COMPUTER MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT- Help Desk
in the Regional Executive Office of USAID/West Africa. The incumbent serves as the IT Helpdesk Assistant in the IT Section of the Executive Office of USAID/WEST AFRICA Mission. The Helpdesk Assistant provides first-line computer support to Mission users, assisting them with hardware and software problems in person, via phone and email, to ensure the delivery of computer related customer service support services essential to the efficiency of the Mission’s IT systems. The primary duties and responsibilities include coordinating, assisting and resolving end-user related technical software and hardware problems in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent escalates the more complex IT problems to the Information Systems Manager or designee as appropriate. BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
• The incumbent serves as the IT Helpdesk Assistant in the IT Section of the Executive Office of USAID/WEST AFRICA Mission.
• The Helpdesk Assistant provides first-line computer support to Mission users, assisting them with hardware and software problems in person, via phone, and email, to ensure the delivery of computer related customer service support services essential to the efficiency of the Mission’s IT systems
The primary duties and responsibilities include coordinating, assisting and resolving end-user related technical software and hardware problems in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent escalates the more complex IT problems to the Information Systems Manager or designee as appropriate. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES % OF TIME 1. End-User Support and Call Management 40%
• Provide first line end-user support in the use of computer systems by providing necessary guidance and advice and perform basic troubleshooting for hardware and software problems.
• Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and through Remote Desktop Assistance
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues and maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to standard Helpdesk procedures.
• Analyze and provide feedback on problematic trends and patterns to the Information Systems Manager.
• Refer complex problem tickets to second-level IT personnel as defined in the Help Desk business processes
• Ensure asset information and problem/resolution databases are accurate, that all work performed is logged in the Helpdesk tracking system and tickets are closed after work is performed in an accurate and timely manner
• Provide weekly reports of incidents to the Information Systems Manager.
• Provide assistance and support to Temporary Duty users regarding their login to the network and access to network resources.
• Assist Mission users on the use of the Agency’s remote access systems.
• Provide input and help design and deliver short training sessions introducing software applications functionality. 2. Hardware and Software Installation 40%
• Install, configure and test desktop computers and related hardware and peripheral devices including: local, networked and multi-function printers, scanners, digital senders, etc.
• Assist in mission hardware upgrade and replacement. Install desktop Agency image on desktops and setup additional Mission applications and configuration in accordance with Agency standards.
• Provide assistance with commercial off-the-shelf software such as Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and other software applications used in the Mission.
• Test Mission-issued laptops upon check-out and check-in to ensure that laptop is in good operational status, anti-virus and Operating System updates are applied
• Supervise contractors performing maintenance work to ensure all repairs are properly completed.
• Provide technical assistance and setup equipment for regional trainings, conferences, presentations and other events. 3. Computing Resource Inventory and File Management 10%
• Maintain a filing structure that contains computer resource requests and other security updates on each network user.
• Maintain an accurate inventory of installed users’ software and hardware including desktops, monitors, printers, laptops, scanners, data shows, etc and track issuance as appropriate
• Prepare equipment for disposal in accordance with the Agency computer equipment disposal policies.
• Ensure that equipment storage areas and equipment is organized in an orderly and secure manner. 4. IT Security 10%
• Assist and collaborate with IT staff to ensure the security, availability and integrity of the network by ensuring that USAID security controls are rigorously applied and followed.
• Ensure that only Agency approved software is installed and running on Mission desktops and configured in compliance with Agency procedures and guidance.
• Apply approved patches on desktops as directed by the Information Systems Manager and in accordance with Agency procedures.
• Assist Information Systems Manager in maintaining an A+ nCircle score on the network.
5. Any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor Qualification Required & Experience
University degree in Computer Science or Engineering is required.
• Prior Work Experience:
Minimum of three years of responsible experience in a computer center at a large site with working experience as IT Helpdesk is required. Working technical knowledge of the installation, implementation and maintenance of desktop hardware and software is required.
• Language Proficiency:
Level IV English, fluency in speaking and writing is required. (Language proficiency will be tested). Job Knowledge required:
• Comprehensive knowledge of PC hardware setup, configuration, repair, testing, and troubleshooting;
• Thorough knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008, configuration and troubleshooting;
• Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office with emphasis on MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint;
• Experience using and troubleshooting Gmail and google docs;
• Knowledge and experience of customer service practices;
• Experience using call logging software;
• Experience operating, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting printers, scanners. Skills and Abilities required:
• Excellent problem analysis and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve problems;
• Developed interpersonal skills, ability to listen and ask questions to diagnose and resolve computer-related problems with emphasis on customer service;
• Oral and written communications skills;
• Adaptability and learning skills;
• Ability to work both independently and with a team. Salary range: 1. Developmental Grade (FSN-8) = GH¢34,257.00 – GH¢51,384.00 p.a. 2. Full performance Grade (FSN 09) = GH¢42,848.00 – GH¢64,261.00 p.a. (depending on Qualification and Experience) Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested individuals should submit a signed cover letter, relevant certificates and CV with references to: Regional Executive Office USAID/West Africa P.O. Box 1630, Accra
Or by Email to: [email protected] Note:
When submitting your application via email, start the subject line with the position title. Failure to state this and submit signed letter with relevant documents will disqualify applicant. Closing Date:
15 December, 2015 ALL U.S. AND NON-GHANAIAN CITIZENS, WHO ARE NOT FAMILY MEMBERS OF USG EMPLOYEES OFFICIALLY ASSIGNED TO POST AND UNDER CHIEF OF MISSION AUTHORITY, MUST ATTACH COPIES OF THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO THEIR APPLICATIONS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. NO RELOCATION EXPENSES ARE PROVIDED TO THE JOB LOCATION: ACCRA, GHANA. IF TRANSPORTATION TO ACCRA IS REQUIRED, IT WILL BE THE EMPLOYEE’S RESPONSIBILITY.