AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Concrete Technologist. ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The role is accountable for set-up of a standard concrete laboratory as well as supervision of concrete QA/QC laboratory and field-testing program in all areas of underground and surface infrastructure.
• Also accountable for the implementation and supervision of construction, specifications, standards, and safe workmanship to ensure the timely completion of the works. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Prepare Concrete cubes Test Reports including registers and graphs
• Record daily concrete test, weather, and cube bath temperature.
• Sample, prepare, and test Concrete Cubes including Slumps
• Prepare grading analysis for the aggregates. (Sand and Stones)
• Label cubes for correct identification and samples traceability
• Report and give detail information of all materials used for testing
• Deliver infrastructure requirements consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy, which addresses the construction time, cost, and quality risks.
• Identify construction deviations/non-conformances and report to both COW-QA/QC and Civil engineer as well as Contractor for inclusion into the non-conformance register (NCR).
• Refer to plans and keep a construction photograph record of work, along with measurements and samples
• Ensure that building regulations, health and safety, legal and environmental requirements are met
• Create and maintain a dossier as part of the MDR for the construction installation, testing and commissioning ready for handover to Operations.
• Participate in the walkdowns of construction complete infrastructures with the COW -QA/QC.
• Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and mining workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
• Oversee all relevant inspections and testing procedures to ensure quality and/or performance is in line with specifications, designs, and requirements.
• Weekly, monthly reporting to produce accurate and timely information that can clearly convey the status of the quality for the construction works.
• Contribute to the Project risk register as required.
• Proactively control the construction activities to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns. Communicate accurate and timely construction schedule delivery, progress, cost, and quality.
• Ensure monitoring and data collection to demonstrate execution of the construction works on all phases of the works in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site's Environmental Management Plan
• Support interface management for construction and refurbishment works.
• Verify that the construction production daily targets are within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones and targets.
• Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulations Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of HND in Civil Engineering, Building Technology or Higher Experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience civil and earthworks construction
• Must have good understanding in Grading Analysis for the Aggregates.
• Must have a wide understanding in Slump Testing.
• Must be proficient or experience in Most of the Testing apparatus and other machines for Testing Concrete.
• Must be able to produce workable and good Concrete Mix Designs
• Must have good understanding of the ISO 9001 Management Systems Technical Competencies
• Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project, and Excel
• Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met Other Competencies
• Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm
• Communicate policies and procedures in a manner to achieve full understanding and compliance.
• Monitor the risk and risk mitigation plans for all activities for the construction works
• Deliver the Safety Management Plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
• Model work behaviors for the team consistent with company values Location:
Obuasi How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
11 February, 2022