Ghana Statistics Development Project (GSDP) Credit No.
5010-GH Grant No.:
TF010425-GH Assignment Title:
Develop and install an MIS facility at MOGCSP Reference No.;
GSDP /MoGCSP /CS/IMIS/ 013/15
The Ghana Statistical Service has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Ghana Statistical Development Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
• The Consultant will carry out an initial research and discovery exercise to provide a comprehensive report on the activities of the Ministry as well as furnish the ministry with a technical document detailing the various technical options of appropriately designed platforms and portals for the establishment of MIS. The System so designed is to capture all relevant management informational needs of MoGCSP at every level in making operational and strategic decisions that will enhance the implementation of the Ministry's mandate.
• The Consultant will be required to develop a comprehensive and functional Management Information System and train staff in the application of the system. The development of the System will require the installation of ICT facilities and equipment to be provided by the Project.
• Details of the assignment can be found in the terms of reference on www.statsghana.gov.gh
• The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by Word Bank Borrowers January 2011, revised July 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
• Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a subconsultancy to enhance their qualifications.
• A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the consultant qualification selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Qualification Required & Experience
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:
• The Consultant/Consulting Firm should have worked in the relevant area of consultancy for at least 5- 10 years. The consultant/s should have considerable experience in design. training and operationalisation of MIS system in similar projects.
Potential candidates/firms should possess the following qualifications and skills:
• At a least a degree in MIS. Computer Science and related fields with 8 years working experience in related field
• Experience in business process management
• Advance knowledge in mobile computing and corporate portal development
• Knowledge in Information security management
• Expertise in enterprise database management systems
• Advance knowledge in computer networks/telecommunication
• Expertise in Ms-Sharepoint development and implementation in-corporate environment
• Experience in data processing techniques
• Knowledge in software project management is an added advantage
• Ability to train, coach and mentor staff and facilitate learning by doing
• Computer proficiency in standard office applications ( Spread sheet, word processing, internet explorer)
• Experience in dealing with Public Service or Donor
• Funded Projects an advantage
• Advance knowledge of statistical applications and databases; and
• S/he should display strong leadership and inter-personal skills including excellent communication and facilitation skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
• Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (0900 to 1700 hours)
• Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below in person by 8th September, 2015 Ghana Statistical Service Attn: Emmanuel A. Cobbinah, Head of Procurement P. O. Box GP 1098. Accra Ghana Street: Finance Drive
E-mail: [email protected] Closing Date:
08 September, 2015